Yorkshire Riders......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am thinking a Grassington - Buttertubs - Leyburn - Grassington loop.
It depends on the amount of snow hitting the dales today and tomorrow. However if the plan changes I will give you a shout.
Sounds nice, but I reckon the weather could be a showstopper!

I will be sticking to easyish rides for the next month or so now we at last have some proper colder conditions.

OP
OP
Montydog

Montydog

Sounds nice, but I reckon the weather could be a showstopper!

I will be sticking to easyish rides for the next month or so now we at last have some proper colder conditions.

keep me updated and as long as i can keep up hope to join in you out an about!

I am still thinking of riding from Todmorden to Waddington (Ribble Valley) and back on Sunday. It's a bit of a trek from Wakefield but if you fancy it, you'd be welcome to join me, and maybe @Littgull if he is over his flu bug.
Happy to report my bug has receded to the point that I managed to cycle the 20 mile round trip to Bury and back for work today without any ill effects. Left with a bit of catarrh but not debilitating enough. I'm definitely still up for a Tod to Waddington and back ride. Would be good if @Heisenberg71 could join us.
Absolutely love very cold, dry, blue sky days.

OP
OP
Montydog

Montydog

Happy to report my bug has receded to the point that I managed to cycle the 20 mile round trip to Bury and back for work today without any ill effects. Left with a bit of catarrh but not debilitating enough. I'm definitely still up for a Tod to Waddington and back ride. Would be good if @Heisenberg71 could join us.
Absolutely love very cold, dry, blue sky days.

glad your feeling better......hopefully get out with you all soon:bicycle:

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
I'll call it Saturday, dependent on weather.
I have dying to do the dales loop since summer and a mix of time, weather and kids football has stopped me. This weekend looks perfect, if the roads are rideable. If not, something more local will appeal.

colly

Re member eR
:hello:....just thought I would ask.......

I am from the Leeds area in good old Yorkshire, been cycling since last August and have so far done 3 sportives, 2x30miles, 1x60miles,.......now am not the fastest of riders but do ok.(ish):laugh:....so was just wondering if any members are close to Leeds area and fancy meeting up for the odd weekend ride/training?:okay:......:bicycle:
Well isn't that handy. Not been on here for a while,apart from the odd glance now and then. So just when I have dusted off the bike after it gathering dust for over a year I look in and see someone on the lookout for a someone local to go for a apin with.

The weather looks good for Sunday so if you fancy a spin Monty let me know. Leeds 8 here.

OP
OP
Montydog

Montydog

:hello:colly.......no can do Sunday this week am afraid:sad:.......but hopefully some other time:okay:......must warn you tho that am not a speed demon and hills well hills are hills:laugh: but get there in the end:laugh::laugh::laugh::bicycle:

LS26 area but happy to go where ever for good ride :bicycle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, @Littgull and I are going ahead with our ride on Sunday. I will probably set off from Todmorden at about 09:40 to meet him in Littleborough at around 10:00. He will ride towards me/us (if anyone else would like to come along) and I/we will u-turn to join him and head back through Tod. That arrangement means that neither of us has to stand about in what will be very cold conditions.

I will be riding a blue steel Basso with Crud mudguards, and I will wear my blue heavy duty cycling jacket.

I will be riding 100 km in total as this month's 'metric century a month' ride.

If anybody wants to tag along let me know and we can arrange to meet you.

colly

Re member eR
:hello:colly.......no can do Sunday this week am afraid:sad:.......but hopefully some other time:okay:......must warn you tho that am not a speed demon and hills well hills are hills:laugh: but get there in the end:laugh::laugh::laugh::bicycle:

LS26 area but happy to go where ever for good ride :bicycle:
After more than a year out I won't be speeding anywhere. Not that I ever did tbh. For me it's just about getting back into the saddle.

I'll keep in touch and maybe one weekend we'll see if we can't arrange an outing for Loiners.:okay:

colly

Re member eR
Well, @Littgull and I are going ahead with our ride on Sunday. I will probably set off from Todmorden at about 09:40 to meet him in Littleborough at around 10:00. He will ride towards me/us (if anyone else would like to come along) and I/we will u-turn to join him and head back through Tod. That arrangement means that neither of us has to stand about in what will be very cold conditions.

I will be riding a blue steel Basso with Crud mudguards, and I will wear my blue heavy duty cycling jacket.

I will be riding 100 km in total as this month's 'metric century a month' ride.

If anybody wants to tag along let me know and we can arrange to meet you.

Hi Col,

When I'm back to some kind of fitness I'll nip along to one of your jaunts. Nice to see you are fit and well. :smile:

Glad you are well enough to get back out on your bike, Colly. I enjoyed your company on a couple of Colin's rides a few years ago. Looking forward to you joining us later in the year.

colly

Re member eR
Glad you are well enough to get back out on your bike, Colly. I enjoyed your company on a couple of Colin's rides a few years ago. Looking forward to you joining us later in the year.

I'll definitely be joining some of Colin's rides again this year. Be good to catch up.
I've not been unwell, just had other things to deal with and I kind of lost the habit of getting out on the bike.:sad:

New Year, new man ..........................maybe.

Top Bottom