You can't cycle that far!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
the numptys

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
One of my staff was knocked off their bike (classic SMIDSY), and has claimed against the driver's insurance.

The insurance company is now disputing her evidence on the grounds that she cannot possible commute 10 miles each way on a Bicycle!
They need some education!

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I don't understand how that could make any difference. Are they saying she's just a liar and this proves it?

OP
OP
U

ufkacbln

I don't understand how that could make any difference. Are they saying she's just a liar and this proves it?

Basically they are suggesting that the claim is untrue!

She has claimed for various taxis and bus trips to work whilst unable to cycle and they are trying to suggest that the 10 mile journey being claimed is untrue because you cannot cycle that distance

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Not only is it clearly impossible for people to cycle 10 miles to and from work, it is equally impossible for 8-10 year able-bodied children to walk 1.5 miles on a woodland footpath to a visitor centre cafe! (I had abuse screamed at me by an angry parent who flatly refused to believe me when I told him where the car park was for local National Trust beauty spot Hardcastle Crags. I quote ... "Oh yeah, right - then how the hell are people supposed to get to the cafe!") :wacko:

Never underestimate the stupidity and laziness of some people!

Trickedem

Guru
In my experience, insurance companies are weasels and will do what they can to avoid or delay paying claims. Another sad example. Tell her to stick to her guns, they'll soon cave in.
10 miles each way is a perfect commuting distance.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Wow that's hilarious, how does one go about countering this claim? Is it possible you would have to provide evidence of you cycling that distance somehow?

Top Bottom