You can't cycle that far!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
In my experience, insurance companies are weasels and will do what they can to avoid or delay paying claims. Another sad example. Tell her to stick to her guns, they'll soon cave in.
10 miles each way is a perfect commuting distance.

Insurance companies trying not to be hit by fraudulent claims, which a fair percentage are. you want cheaper insurance then you have to put up with a little inconvenience. Most delayed claims are the fault of the customer not doing their part correctly, at least that is my experience.

Funny how there are different ways to look at something.

400bhp

Guru
Wonder what would have happened on my 260 mile commute:whistle:

AyrshireBacon

Any chance of namin'n'shamin the company? I work for a large insurance company based in Norwich and am dreading it being us. If you can't confirm then please just deny...

bunch of blo.... OK can't say that.. it will end up as all stars... jesh... what cretins.

Links to people who cycle/commute much further should be shoved down their throats... and perhaps you should send them a whole load of links to people who went off to cycle around the world... I know of many many people who have gone at least 1/2 way around the world even if I only managed the distance of half way around the equator and that's as a severe asthmatic!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Ha! 10 miles is the perfect commute (IMO). 30-45 minutes each way and bearable even if the weather is horrid.

I seem to remember a Radio 2 feature with Jeremy Vine sometime last year where cyclists rang in telling of their commutes. I'm sure nearly all were doing much more than 20 miles a day.

Twelve Spokes

Time to say goodbye again...
One of my staff was knocked off their bike (classic SMIDSY), and has claimed against the driver's insurance.

The insurance company is now disputing her evidence on the grounds that she cannot possible commute 10 miles each way on a Bicycle!

They have a point,it must be rough sitting in a Chelski tractor all day.:whistle:

10 miles is a MAHOOSIVE distance though...well, given that when my commute changed from 3 miles to 4 (but there is a hill) everyone at work said "oh, you'll not be cycling in anymore then now it's too far"

Top Bottom