You can't go wrong with god on your side.....can you ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you hear footsteps when sleeping. The big fella is probably in your loft
ah - beat me to it.

This sort of thing isn't rare amongst believers - there have been a few cases in southern italy where an earthquake caused mass destruction and death but amidst it a statue of the madonna* stood untouched and this was hailed as a miracle. There are photos.

* Not statistically notable of course - the place is riddled with them.

Confirmed atheist for several reasons and can't help but find some things funny - when I lived in Wood Green north london a church was hit by lightening and had to be pulled down.

Oh - one of the most twisted characters I ever crossed paths with was a catholic priest.

Just let people believe what they wish.
As long as it doesn’t impact on others.
can't argue with that but of course it often does impact on others - terribly so. The general christian lot have generally given up in the west after centuries of warping minds relationships and societies but others are feeling somewhat more confident.

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, according to one particular sect of his followers.

Is there a corresponding flood myth/legend in the Quran?

Edit - it seems their was, although this one only wiped out only unbelievers, and then set fire to them for good measure.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
If he does exist he is the greatest mass murderer of all time. According to his followers he flooded the world and drowned nearly everyone on it because he didn't like their lifestyles.

And we're supposed to worship him?

Doesn't that depend on which of the numerous "gods" you believe in?

JohnHughes307

Über Member
Well, according to one particular sect of his followers.

Is there a corresponding flood myth/legend in the Quran?
As I understand it, they are same story - they don'diverge much until Jesus come along, same as the old testament and the Talmud really...

Last edited by a moderator:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Doesn't that depend on which of the numerous "gods" you believe in?
I was brought up to believe in the Christian one, the biggest religion in the world and they believe it. Going by Drago's post above so do the second biggest lot only with a bit of arson tossed in.

People used to believe in numerous gods, now we're down to just the one - which is at least going in the right direction.

I am ok with people having faith. What I am not ok with is the way they relieve their followers of their finances especially the new age lot. No govt will act as these independent religious lot as religions is such a sensitive subject and you will massacred at the polls.

Then again if you believe in Darwinism, it for the better.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Don't believe in the guff. Never have and I hated being dragged to church for Sunday mass every week. And you didn't have to live with your conscience either. Just go and confess every few weeks and bam, your forgiven Instead of having to live with whatever you did.

I have no intention of hedging my bets either just in case some thing does exist. What you have here is all you have. Make the most of it and when your dead that's it the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom