You couldnt make this morning up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
This morning I was up at 6 but now its 5 so I plan my day a little and think it would be a good plan to get a chicken roasting in the oven . I can then go for a ride and just have to do the veg when I get home to have a nice roast dinner .
So in goes the chicken and I have a coffee and get myself ready for the day . The dinner has half an hour to go so I think I will shoot out and feed my hens at the allotment . I grab my phone and hop on the road bike . Half way there I find a husky dog with a snapped lead on the main road so I stop and its friendly . I call the numbers on its tag but no one answers . So I google the post code on my phone and its miles away .
I call my mother as she will know what to do and no answer so I dial 101. Get through to an operator and then a lorry goes past with a shredded tyre slapping on the road . The dog spooks and bolts and im straddled on my crossbar with the police operator asking me whats happening .
The dog pulls away from me so I'm now chasing it with the police on the phone and beeping in my ear from my mother trying to call me back constantly as she thinks something is wrong .
Luckily the dog was running back to where it had broken loose and the racket from the lorry going past had made people look out of the windows so the dog got recognised .
So now the dog is in the road with people shouting and cars stopping , the police are asking me whats happening while people are shouting where the dog is from and others asking if its mine .
Anyway the dog is back with its owner and my chicken is done to perfection :smile:

I feel like ive just been in an episode of the littlist hobo :laugh:

BigAl68

Über Member
Ace :hungry:

B03JYOTIEAACxUk.jpg

Brandane

Legendary Member
This morning I was up at 6 but now its 5 so I plan my day a little and think it would be a good plan to get a chicken roasting in the oven . I can then go for a ride and just have to do the veg when I get home to have a nice roast dinner .
So in goes the chicken and I have a coffee and get myself ready for the day . The dinner has half an hour to go so I think I will shoot out and feed my hens at the allotment . I grab my phone and hop on the road bike . Half way there I find a husky dog with a snapped lead on the main road so I stop and its friendly . I call the numbers on its tag but no one answers . So I google the post code on my phone and its miles away .
I call my mother as she will know what to do and no answer so I dial 101. Get through to an operator and then a lorry goes past with a shredded tyre slapping on the road . The dog spooks and bolts and im straddled on my crossbar with the police operator asking me whats happening .
The dog pulls away from me so I'm now chasing it with the police on the phone and beeping in my ear from my mother trying to call me back constantly as she thinks something is wrong .
Luckily the dog was running back to where it had broken loose and the racket from the lorry going past had made people look out of the windows so the dog got recognised .
So now the dog is in the road with people shouting and cars stopping , the police are asking me whats happening while people are shouting where the dog is from and others asking if its mine .
Anyway the dog is back with its owner and my chicken is done to perfection :smile:

Count yourself lucky that you consider mornings like that to be unusual. Sounds like a fairly average day to me! :thumbsup:

stephec

Legendary Member
"This morning I was up at 6 but now its 5 so I plan my day a little and think it would be a good plan to get a chicken roasting in the oven"

Damn i'm in deep do dahhs!:sad: Mrs Accy specifically told me after she'd gone to bed last night to take the chicken out the freezer. Your post has just reminded me......9 hours too late unfortunately!!:ohmy:
If you've got a dog pull the chicken out now and smash it up a bit then stick it in the bin.
You came down this morning to find that the dog had got at it. :smile:

I remember as a kid we took part in an exchange trip, and the German kids were arriving at lunchtime, the phone call had gone round with an ETA

So my Mother put a chicken in the oven, as we could always nip back if they were late

All went well until we got home to a funny smell

My youngest brother had put a plastic pencil case on the top shelf of teh oven that had not been noticed, and the plastic had melted all over the chicken

Chicken Plastique is apparently unheard of in Germany, but certainty broke the ice with our guest

stephec

Legendary Member
This morning I was up at 6 now its 5 so I plan my day a little and think it would be a good plan to get a chicken roasting in the oven . I can then go for a ride and just have to do the veg when I get home to have a nice roast dinner .

Whilst all this was going on could you hear the Benny Hill theme tune playing in the background?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Raise you my morning:
first day off in a while, cat's vet appointment and a new freewheel to fit.
Got up at 7 :sad: intending to quickly change the freewheel, as it is on the only bike that I can hitch the trailer on that is needed to take cat to the vet.
Can't take freewheel off, even with spanner extension, had to take a taxi.
Vet says a recurrent problem the cat has is due to flea allergy (previously same vet practice said it was food allergy!), treat cat and home with an array of expensive products.:cursing:
Waited 20 minutes for a return taxi, got home, tried freewheel again: ended up walking 2 miles and back, holding the wheel in the drizzle to the nearest lbs (halfords, ha ha!). Had to tell the mechanic how to proceed (my removal tool was still on). He could not do it, had to call a stronger mechanic for help :laugh:
Passed by a greeting card shop to buy a birthday card, had to pay the 5p for a bag - forgot to take one with me!
Got home, started thorough hoovering as told by the vet: the hoover went on fire!!! Got the fright of my life, still have to fit the freewheel and do the washing!:heat::tired:

Top Bottom