You couldnt make this morning up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
I remember as a kid we took part in an exchange trip, and the German kids were arriving at lunchtime, the phone call had gone round with an ETA

So my Mother put a chicken in the oven, as we could always nip back if they were late

All went well until we got home to a funny smell

My youngest brother had put a plastic pencil case on the top shelf of teh oven that had not been noticed, and the plastic had melted all over the chicken

Chicken Plastique is apparently unheard of in Germany, but certainty broke the ice with our guest
This has reminded me of when my mother's rather absent minded friend once managed to put her reading glasses on top of the chicken and roast them in the oven!

Hyslop

Veteran
Raise you my morning:
first day off in a while, cat's vet appointment and a new freewheel to fit.
Got up at 7 :sad: intending to quickly change the freewheel, as it is on the only bike that I can hitch the trailer on that is needed to take cat to the vet.
Can't take freewheel off, even with spanner extension, had to take a taxi.
Vet says a recurrent problem the cat has is due to flea allergy (previously same vet practice said it was food allergy!), treat cat and home with an array of expensive products.:cursing:
Waited 20 minutes for a return taxi, got home, tried freewheel again: ended up walking 2 miles and back, holding the wheel in the drizzle to the nearest lbs (halfords, ha ha!). Had to tell the mechanic how to proceed (my removal tool was still on). He could not do it, had to call a stronger mechanic for help :laugh:
Passed by a greeting card shop to buy a birthday card, had to pay the 5p for a bag - forgot to take one with me!
Got home, started thorough hoovering as told by the vet: the hoover went on fire!!! Got the fright of my life, still have to fit the freewheel and do the washing!:heat::tired:
Well, I hope thats it for today then! Id leg it to bed I think,knock the lights off,pretend it never happened and wait for tomorrow got to be an improvement!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well, I hope thats it for today then! Id leg it to bed I think,knock the lights off,pretend it never happened and wait for tomorrow got to be an improvement!
And after all that, I found a mega spider in the kitchen sink :laugh:

Top Bottom