you decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Clothes

JayMac

My Gerber keyring, it's got a tiny knife, screwdriver, pliers/wire cutters and a few other tools and is no bigger than a ciggy lighter.. Can't tell you how many times it's saved my bacon!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A chaintool (on a multitool), the knowledge of how to use it, and a spare SRAM Powerlink!

PS In case anybody thinks that they are a luxury ... Think of what a show-stopper a broken chain is! Over the years I have repaired broken chains for other cyclists on at least 5 or 6 occasions.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A spare contact lens or glasses in a case, if i have the room, a rubber glove in case the chain comes off, anti bac' spray,a bar towel,a spare cycle computer in case the other one cuts out...to name but a few.

Justiffa

In my jersey backpockets - My phone, cycling wallet (its a scaled down mini version containing my Identification Card, Medical Card & some money), pepper spray & whistle.

In my mini carrier under my saddle - spare tube, mini pump, mini tool kit.

I never leave home without 'em lol.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Small saddle bag: spare inner tube, two tyre levers, multi tool, chain link. If the chain breaks I will have to flag down a kindly passing cyclist and borrow their tool.

Jersey pockets: £2.99 cycling phone and some cash wrapped in a plastic bag. Small pump, specs case with good specs, small Abus cafe lock, OS map if heading out of my territory, lightweight waterproof if rain looks possible, sometimes a power bar.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
In my jersey backpockets - My phone, cycling wallet (its a scaled down mini version containing my Identification Card, Medical Card & some money), pepper spray & whistle.

In my mini carrier under my saddle - spare tube, mini pump, mini tool kit.

I never leave home without 'em lol.

Pepper spray and whistle! Must be tough there in Malaysia.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Oh yes ... Id! (-entification, rather than where The Forbidden Planet's monsters came from.)

I have two ICE numbers on my phone - ICE#1 & ICE#2. Apparently, the emergency services routinely check phones for numbers labelled ICE (In Case (of) Emergency) if patients are unable to give the information.

I have been at increased risk of serious bleeding since being put on Warfarin so I also now wear a medical tag whenever I am outdoors.

Doc333

Knight Of The Realm & All Around Good Guy
Oh yes ... Id! (-entification, rather than where The Forbidden Planet's monsters came from.)

I have two ICE numbers on my phone - ICE#1 & ICE#2. Apparently, the emergency services routinely check phones for numbers labelled ICE (In Case (of) Emergency) if patients are unable to give the information.

I have been at increased risk of serious bleeding since being put on Warfarin so I also now wear a medical tag whenever I am outdoors.

Now just sorting out duplicating my medical data and anti-platelet card, because like you I could bleed to death. Great idea thanks

Lanzecki

Über Member
Having ICE in your phone helps. I came across a crash in the middle of the night a few years ago. Single occupant semi concious. After calling an ambulance, the occupant said 2 words to me "Phone mum". I found her phone but there was no mum, mam, mom, or mother, dad etc in the phone...

There was an ICE number that turned out to be the mother. For some reason it was down as the mother maiden name.

Without the ICE the mother might not have known for hours. Driver and mother we all fine in the end. My St. John's ambulance training kicked in. Not that I did anything except phone the important people and stop the occupant moving.

Next thing I did was add ICE to my wifes number.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Oh! I thought the ICE thing was for when you'd run out of it for your gin and tonic. Bring back the old-fashioned butler, I say.

ian emmerson

Im a big believer in having ICE contacts on mobile phones, as recently as last August i was involved in a serious accident and knocked unconcious. Doctors only found out who i was after looking at my ICE info and contacting my wife.

I like the ice idea but my phones is always looked with my 4 no. Pin! Does everybody else take the lock off their phone before they go out? I know I'd forget!

Top Bottom