You failed your test for....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
SavageHoutkop said:
erm, Joe, thanks for blocking out part of the rude words (****ing), but I think you missed one of the words just following on?

Woops, sorry.
I let the auto changer pick those up and change them, but if you add an 's' on the end, it doesn't change it:wacko:

Bad Company

Very Old Person
Just re reading this I recall that I failed my first driving test for - speeding:blush:.

I wasn't going very fast but was concentrating so hard on checking mirrors and all the other stuff that I apparently my speed crept up to 32 mph!!

The examiner said that I broke the law so he could not pass me - fair enough.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Just seen this thread...

..back in August I had a bit of a run in with an Instructor for Pam's Driving School here in Southampton. I was riding up hill between parked cars, keeping out of the doorzone plus it was a bit of a pinch point. I'd say I was about 30 feet from a red light and I remember having checked my speed at 15mph.

Next thing I know I hear revs and a white beat up hatchback is forcing its way through. I swerved left and he must have been around a few cms from my handlebar and I screamed at him. Obviously he then has to stop at the light and I see the driving school sign and an open window with numpty playing with a handsfree ear piece.

I shout out "Was it worth it!?" Getting some inaudible grumble back I approached the drivers window and told him exactly what he had done wrong.

"You're supposed to remain far left at ALL TIMES!!" He said

"No I'm not! You as an instructor should know the HC and the RTAct - you could see the pinch point and I am allowed primary at it!"

"No you're not [I've removed his swearing btw], you're supposed to be over by the kerb!"

I was enraged, I'm sure he was playing with the handfree when he should have been concentrating and reacted like that as he'd been caught out. I really wish I'd had the camera on me at the time. I did report him to the DSA but they said they could do nothing without his ADI number (despite a very good description of the car, him, the school and his reg plate. :laugh:)

Top Bottom