You failed your test for....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
One of the things about primary is that it gives you space to duck into should people attempt this kind of boneheaded manoeuvre - you don't *have* to hold it while they do their stupid overtake.

smeg

Joe24 - chill dude! Sounds like you need a holiday ;)

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
smeg said:
Joe24 - chill dude! Sounds like you need a holiday ;)
+1

Look at the picture of the kittens, Joe. Look at them. Look at them.

kittens.jpg

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Kaipaith said:
Which roundabout was it?

Sorry, K - this occurred on the Basingstoke side of my commute. Plenty of roundabout practice in the 'stoke.

This roundabout does have an alternative route via some NCN 23 nonsense - Instead of the roundabout I could choose to enter a shared use path, give way at the entrance to some offices, pass through a tandem trap, ride along a cul-de-sac across a pub carpark, give way at the entrance to the cul-de-sac, wait at some pedestrian/cycle lights, and then give way again before joining the carriageway at the other side of the roundabout. <irony> Of course this is safer.</irony>

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
smeg said:
Joe24 - chill dude! Sounds like you need a holiday xx(

I've had one, that's not helped.
Really, i should go live somewhere in Europe, I've not decided where yet, not got a favourite part for cycling yet, alot of the places I've been to have been very nice.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Joe said:
In Preston during my LEJOG I had a driving instructor lean out of his window (whilst teaching) and shout at me to get in the cycle path:rolleyes:

snap! BSM (British School of Morons) nutcase telling me to use a cycle path full of schoolkids. Prat!

Joe24

PatrickPending said:
snap! BSM (British School of Morons) nutcase telling me to use a cycle path full of schoolkids. Prat!

Seems like BSM have a history of this then, 3rd person on here to comment about BSM and instructors telling cyclists to get in the cycle lane/use the cycle path.
AA is another group of idiots

A local instructor i had an argument with, let his student go int he cycle lane, and come past me close and just block the cycle lanes/ASLs, so i went infront of them, which he wasnt too keen on, but really, his student was crap and couldnt start off fast.
I mentioned it to him, he just looked at me in some idiotic way, and told his student to take a right, as i was going straight on.

Should just be shot.

Joe24

Although another problem i had with someone in an AA driving school car, who had their instructor at the side of them(think it was instructor, he was in a suit with a clip board on his lap and a pen in his hand, either on a mock test or doing a test, no hi-viz so i wasnt sure) but he came past me coming up to some tight blind bends, which was annoying, i had to brake and go around slowly, but i overtook him on the straight coming out of the courner and kept the power on, he didnt overtake me again on the next tight courner, or the next one after that, and was a while before he overtook me again, but the instructor/examiner put his hand up as he came past.
Pretty stupid overtake i thought:wacko:

ChrisKH

Guru
Bollo said:
+1

Look at the picture of the kittens, Joe. Look at them. Look at them.

kittens.jpg

MMMMMnnnnnn. Great in a sandwich. :biggrin:

smeg

Joe24 said:
I've had one, that's not helped.
Really, i should go live somewhere in Europe, I've not decided where yet, not got a favourite part for cycling yet, alot of the places I've been to have been very nice.
I reckon you should go somewhere peaceful and quiet to get away from it all - like Siberia. You'll need to wrap up warm though.

Joe24

smeg said:
I reckon you should go somewhere peaceful and quiet to get away from it all - like Siberia. You'll need to wrap up warm though.

Holland was nice, but all the cycle lanes and people on bikes mean you have to keep slowing down and stuff, and if you ride on the road then the car drivers get abit twitchy.
France was alright, but i dislike the French.
Germany was good, but i didnt like it enough to move there.
Luxembourg was nice, nice roads, good respect from motorists(only close overtakes were from people from Belgium)
Belgium i disliked because i got passed close by people from there when i was in Luxembourg. And also, where i went there, when it rained the roads were like riding on ice. Not so nice.
Switzerland was nice, nice roads, nice views, but the Swiss are mainly, idiots.
Chek Republic was alright, but some crazy drivers over there, roads were pretty bad aswell in some places. Wouldnt move there.

Joe24

smeg said:
So Siberia it is then, you know it makes sense :biggrin:

No, i dont think i will get on with the people there.

Other plus with Holland, or should i say, the Netherlands, is that they all/most of them speak good English, so no need to learn a new language.

Top Bottom