you have £2200ish.... find me a better bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

sight-pin

Veteran
So with a budget of £2200ish I have found http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/propel.advanced.0/19198/77272/#specifications

an aero frame rocking ultegra di2.

I've had a good look around and can barely find anything at this price point with udi2 even canyon is £2500 fir a bike with udi2.

Can anyone find me an alternate?

Nice looking bike, i especially like the looks of the di2, will be a joy to ride.
Enjoy whatever you choose.
Why do manufacturers never show the weight of a bike?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Before I clicked the link to the thread I was thinking Giant Propel...! Have looked them a number of times in the flesh and they are lovely. If you can get to a Giant store they will let you arrange to take one of their test bikes out and keep it for a weekend. Was seriously tempted a few weeks ago but reality bit and I simply can't afford a new bike :sad:

I was considering the red and white one with wired Ultegra £1650 and have had strong urges about the orange and black one with Di-2 £3999

zizou

Veteran
You wont IMO find a better bike for the price. That is if they have your size, the stock of some sizes is sold out for the year.

vickster

Legendary Member
Looks really uncomfortable :wacko:

The OP is really tall, guessing he'll need a Large, they don't seem to go bigger for that model

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Lovely looking bike, but agree with Vickster. I'd need a longer steerer & a few more spacers under the stem to make it right for me :smile: & i'd need XL, not that i'm looking for another bike :whistle:

Cyclist33

Nice looking bike, i especially like the looks of the di2, will be a joy to ride.
Enjoy whatever you choose.
Why do manufacturers never show the weight of a bike?

Because it's meaningless in real terms, any bike of that price will be light enough that your own belly bulk will matter more.

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Looks really uncomfortable :wacko:

The OP is really tall, guessing he'll need a Large, they don't seem to go bigger for that model
It's actually for my brother in law he's a perfectly normal 56cm frame kind of guy.

Any excuse to trawl bike websites and dream normal people dreams.

I'm a strict canyon fan as they make bikes that fit.

vickster

Legendary Member
You did say find me an alternative ;)

Get him to go to the Giant store in Bromley or Crystal Palace (Cadence?) (assuming he's your way) and have a look. I'd also go to some of the race oriented retailers like Sigma in Kingston (there may well be somewhere in Kent too, been a while since I lived in Bromley)

Personally, if I were spending that sort of money, I'd want something different from the big brands ...but then I'm not looking for the best performance for racing!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I think the propel is sized like a TT bike so you will want a size smaller than you have on a normal road bike . That's what I have been told by the guys at giant .

Top Bottom