You have heard it before i know!! but can you help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kevin01041961

Goliath
Hi , Hello , i'm new to this site and yes my first post is to ask for help !! So here goes some back ground , i'm 54 and up until 2001 was very fit then i had a serious accident , well from it i broke my back i had new hip and 2 new knees !!! yeh i know you didnt need to know all that but now to the reason you have heard many times before,I'm over weight at 20 stone i'm 6ft 8 inch tall and want more than anything to go cycling like i did before when i played rugby and cycled to get and keep fit.
Ive approached some stores and from the Ahh we cannot help to the bike will have to specially built with price tag to match, So you have the gist of the question where,and who do i contact to buy a bike that i can use to commute take away with me and basically cycle again.
Please names of retailers who can help........................"a big thank you" hope it makes sense what i'm asking

More the leg length and reach apparently.
Mind you a search throws up some rather weird claims about folks bike size requirements that has one wondering if they are all quoting the right value for frame
size.
I'm a mere 6' 4" midget and have a trek marlin 7 in a 21.5" frame but they go upto 23" which might fit you but then it might not. On the otherhand my road bike is a specialized secteur wioth a 64cm, frame and
it seems they now only do 61cm :dry:
Might be worth going to one of the dealers who offer bike fitting to see what they come up with though the odds of them having the larger sizes actually in stock for you to try out is low.

simon.r

Person
Canyon may be worth a look as well - up to 65cm frames.

OP
OP
kevin01041961

kevin01041961

Goliath
Hi well my thanks to you all. I'm living in Holmfirth Yorkshire where the "Tour de Yorkshire" went through. the advice is great keep it coming, i have contacted a few bike shops and you would think i was exterodinary !!! i need a bike that i can commute and a bit of rough terrain so a hybrid.................. sily question is this a US site then?

Top Bottom