You know how it is....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
You're born. You get bigger, and learn to walk, and talk, and read and write, and add up. Eventually, usually somewhere in the late teens, or twenties, you realise you're grown up. You've got committments, and responsibilities - work to do, bills to pay. Maybe you've got an other half, maybe even children to think of. You're officially Sensible.

And then, one day, you just can't resist regressing to utter childishness.

I've just had dinner. A whole box of 10 fish fingers, in two sandwiches.

:tongue:

:biggrin:

TVC

Excellent performance.

Can I suggest my favourite, fish fingers and pink mashed potato.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
A whole pack of fish fingers?

Pah!

A mere amateur!

I challenge you to eat an entire big bag of dorritos, then an entire box of potato waffles, then an entire pack of fish fingers, then an entire tub of Ben and Jerry's.

I managed that about 5 years ago - I did a 100 miler and forgot to take my food supplies for the journey! By the time I got home I was almost blacking out from exhaustion so I ate about 3 days worth of calories in one sitting.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic

Pah!

A mere amateur!

I challenge you to eat an entire big bag of dorritos, then an entire box of potato waffles, then an entire pack of fish fingers, then an entire tub of Ben and Jerry's.

I managed that about 5 years ago - I did a 100 miler and forgot to take my food supplies for the journey! By the time I got home I was almost blacking out from exhaustion so I ate about 3 days worth of calories in one sitting.

Decent for lunch, but I'd need a bit more later for dinner
laugh.gif

coffeejo

Ælfrēd

Pah!

A mere amateur!

A couple of years ago, my then OH and I had been on a diet for quite some time and then her birthday rolled around and we agreed to enjoy ourselves and eat what we wanted.

Fry up for breakfast.
Picnic plus ice creams at lunch.
Late afternoon, go round to her mum's for cake en route out for pizza. End up scoffing a plate of extremely delicious moussaka, plus a couple of slices of cake.
Evening: Pizza Hut. A plate of buffalo wings each. A large pizza each. Pudding. Lots of. Barely able to stand up, let alone move. Painfully stagger back to the car, can't even talk. Forget the romance, lie in bed waiting to die. Look and feel several weeks overdue with triplets. Strangely unhungry for quite a long time afterwards :mrpig:

Night Train

Maker of Things

Pah!

A mere amateur!

10 years ago I bought a KFC 10 piece bargain bucket, and ate the 10 pieces of chicken, four packs of fries, baked beans, coleslaw, vienetta ice cream and 2 litres of diet coke for lunch at work.

When I was a student, Wolverhampton Pizza Hut used to do a Tuesday night special of as much pizza as you could eat for three quid. One week, this coincided with a Guinness promotion in the students' union bar: as much Guinness as you could drink for three quid, in an hour. So I made sure I was at the front of the queue, and managed eight pints of Guinness followed by three 12" pizzas. All in the space of about two hours. It's amazing how I've kept my figure as long as I have ...

slowwww

Veteran
A friend of mine was always prone to post beer munchies. Unfortunately he was a fussy bugger and the range of food at his local stores was sparse.

I think the highlight was a whole Sara Lee Giant Blackforest gateaux (10 serving size), but 20 minutes later while still hungry he was ransacking his empty fridge and larder for more food and the only thing he could come up with was a half-pound slab of butter with marmite smeared on it.

Strangely, he developed cholesterol problems later in life....!

gbb

Legendary Member
A friend of mine was always prone to post beer munchies. Unfortunately he was a fussy bugger and the range of food at his local stores was sparse.

I think the highlight was a whole Sara Lee Giant Blackforest gateaux (10 serving size), but 20 minutes later while still hungry he was ransacking his empty fridge and larder for more food and the only thing he could come up with was a half-pound slab of butter with marmite smeared on it.

Strangely, he developed cholesterol problems later in life....!
I remember working on a house renovation years ago. Absolutely starving, no pack up, no money on me. Looked in the fridge and found half a jar of Branston pickle :tongue: Not much...but :tongue: ...can't say it did my stomach much good afterwards.
Not really relevent to the post but i remember eating so much one Christmas day, i staggered into my living room, laid on the floor and undid my trousers and just laid there groaning with a swollen belly. I swear i could feel my stomach muscles stretching :sad: :sad:

I remember working on a house renovation years ago. Absolutely starving, no pack up, no money on me. Looked in the fridge and found half a jar of Branston pickle :tongue: Not much...but :tongue: ...can't say it did my stomach much good afterwards.

Sometimes I like to drink Worcestershire sauce straight out of the bottle. I don't know what it does for my stomach but it does taste good. I've also been known to eat a whole jar of anchovy fillets in one sitting.

Top Bottom