You know when things just sneak up on you...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HeyWayne

Whilst out riding at the weekend I noticed a number of signs that said "Chiltern Cycleway" on them. You know - the little brown signs.

Thought to myself 'I've never seen/noticed those before', but thought that it was probably due to not being on the bike, or walking past them.

However, it would appear they must be new...

http://www.chilternsociety.org.uk/about-ChCyWay.php

Opens this Friday.

Don't think I'll do the whole route.

Shaun

Founder
Bloody hell ... that's a little bit longers than your commute ... :biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Lordy...that's only a few miles from me. I've been looking for a long weekend ride for this summer - I may have found it. Slightly alarmed about the 170 miles bit though.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Found this old thread. I was wondering whether to give the whole thing a go one day, not right now though. Maybe in a couple of months.

Tomorrow I think I'll have a go at about 100 miles of it (well, very roughly- I'll avoid any bits that are off road). Looks like being a nice day.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I rode a smallish section of it last week - the Ivinghoe Beacon area - lovely route. I could fancy doing the full monty one day.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Tough route! at least the south-west part of it is (I pretty much know the roads it uses north of Watford so I went the other way). Take it anticlockwise and there are a couple of very steep sections.

Glad I used some of the route today as a fair bit of it was on roads I haven't used before. Did about 80 miles in the end, I started a bit late and took a cut-through back to Stokenchurch from just North of Henley. I'll do a longer section next time.

Do that bit anticlockwise and there are some pretty steep ascents (short sections of 1 in 5 type gradients towards the end of a couple of climbs).

Doing the full thing in a day would be pretty tough. The hills keep coming.

Still, beats hill repeats any day. I'll be back out that way soon.

Top Bottom