You know you are getting old when ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The policeman you are talking to looks about 10 years younger than your son would be, if you'd had a son!

You are looking at a photograph of your ex and her baby daughter and realise to your shock that said child is now 4 years older then her mum was in the photo!

The latest addition to your on-bike tool kit is this ...

toolkit-specs.jpg

(I had to borrow Alun's specs to see what I was doing fixing a puncture on last Sunday's forum ride!)

Davidc

Guru
Don't want to scare you Colin, but it's only going to get worse. :sad:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Bumped into a friend this afternoon by where a road was closed for resurfacing, so we sat down at a bus stop, which agreeably sheltered us from the wind, and watched the workmen writing their elongated letters in the road. Passers-by kept on stopping to warn us that the road was closed, the workmen too. Another friend came by and stopped for a chat and yet more people stopped to tell us that the bus stop wasn't in use, and we took to letting them know that we weren't waiting we were just doing nothing and there's plenty of room alongside if they want to stop.

I think I may just have had an insight into what growing old must be like, sitting at a non-operational bus stop watching people work whilst talking nonsense and doing nothing. And, all in all, I enjoyed it :biggrin:

TVC

Apparently you are old when you think this looks ridiculous rather than cutting edge trendy.

fash_narrowweb__300x452,0.jpg

ajb

You know your getting old when ---------

Talking to the new guy at work you learn that you were at school with his Mother in Law. :tongue:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
When Dr Who and James Bond are both younger than you.

When you realise the old biddy who's usually reception desk is nearer your age than the temp agency stand in.

When most your football idols have now even retired from management.

When your favourite sitcom episodes wouldn't work any more because mobile phones/internet/other technology exists.

When you see young people wearing flares.

Night Train

Maker of Things
You know you are getting old (and stupid) when you go to buy shopping and try to pay by swiping your work ID card.:blush:

Top Bottom