You know you have days ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
... when you're really struggling, and finding even cycling on the flat to be hard work, for no apparent reason?

Well, if you have one of those days on a trike, you might want to check that you weren't riding 69 miles with the parking brake on after it went out of adjustment ...

Or so an, er, friend tells me.

No I normally struggle in London but out here cycling in Bangkok I have had absolutely no problems.Strange.

Well perhaps only the heat/dehydration.

Your story is impressive though.

GrasB

Veteran
Ben, you've your friend managed to beat my school boy error of not realising I was on the top chainring instead of the middle. Was trying so hard to get my cadence up I didn't check the speed, boy was in for a shock when I got home.

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

I told my, ah, friend what a prat he was; he claims it was just resistance training.

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

I am given to understand that his words to himself when he realised were broadly along the lines of 'Doh!'.

Jane Smart

The Queen
Well if it is any consolation, I was doing a 42 miler yesterday on my MTB. Heading the last ten miles, I would change gear, ok, then they would slip. It was so annoying. Anyway, today, I cleaned the chain and gears working perfectly.:biggrin: Must have been all the dirt I picked up in the woods B) causing chain to be dirty, in future I will carry chain cleaner and lube when I do dirty riding ( that sounds bad doesn't it? :biggrin: )

Top Bottom