You know your kids are no longer children when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark_Robson

User1314 said:
.Well. If I hadn't read to them every night down the last 9 years, they wouldn't have loved books so much, now just wanting to read themselves in bed for yonks....

...job done.
+1
I always read to my two at bed time and they both love reading now. It was quality shared time that I, and I hope they will always treasure.

Globalti

Legendary Member
After Stormbreaker:

Robert Muchamore and Chris Ryan. Our 11 y.o. has raced through every one and now we're stuck for the next reading craze. Suggestions, anyone?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
My six year old daughter is addicted to old Beano and Dandy annuals - brings a stack home from car boot sales and charridy shops every week, dozens of the ruddy things everywhere.

Our favourite new character is Fiddle O'Diddle the oirish leprechaun t' be sure ;)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
For my youngest the reading books in bed to himself came only this year ... and I still keep getting so excited when I see him doing it that I can't bring myself to tell him its time to turn out the light and go to sleep.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'll have that bottle back. I had never heard of Uncle the Elephant!

Having looked it up, I will remember him now!

I've always liked Quentin Blake, we had a couple of his books as children. I think I'd rather like to be drawn by him, he would get my tously hair just right.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Globalti said:
After Stormbreaker:

Robert Muchamore and Chris Ryan. Our 11 y.o. has raced through every one and now we're stuck for the next reading craze. Suggestions, anyone?

Try Stephen Leather - his books might be little bit "too" adult so you might want to pre-read. Still not exactly War & Peace, but a step up from Ryan and Clancy.

Top Bottom