You know your obbessed with cycling when ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

When your father in law is going into hospital for a kidney removal and as you are driving there you spot a bike shop close to the hospital and wonder "have i got time to nip out later and have a browse"

:ohmy:

:smile:

walker

when your wedding day draws close and you think

1. Can I not get too drunk the night before so...
2. I can go out for a ride before You head off to the venue.

ChrisKH

Guru
When you park miles from the hospital (to visit a sick relative) and pull the folder out of the boot; 'to save on parking costs.'

When you ask your boss to intervene at a management level because there are no bike spaces in the building and you have waited six months for a space and this is preventing you from bringing a road bike in and doing the 32 mile trip home.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
When having to pay 25 quid for a new car tyre (that will last years) is a total rip off, but 30 quid for a new summer bike tyre (that will be through to the canvas by October) is good value.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
... you take your visiting rellies for a nice walk in the countryside, but you insist on cycling there, leaving an hour before them, meeting them there, doing the walk, then cycling back again! :smile: (and they're knacked from the walk...boy that feels good!)

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
monnet said:
...you drink bottles of beer out of the side of your mouth so you can still see where you're going
:smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

noggin

you have a spare bottle of Muc-off, oil and some old rags under your desk at work

just in case the bike needs some attention at work;)

fuzzy29

When you ask for directions, only using bike shops as reference points.

When you meet your new boss and inside 5 mins are suggesting what tyres he should get for his bike!

When all your holidays (and the odd sick day) for the year have been to ride your bike.

When you buy a basics loaf of bread for 41p, yet eat £2 energy bars.

:smile:

Top Bottom