1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You know your obbessed with cycling when ...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Kovu, 13 Sep 2007.

1. Kovu

Kovu Über Member

1. ... you turn your head not to look at the car, or people, but just to see what sort of handlebars they have on thier bikes.

2. ... you refuse to go out with mates, just to be able to watch TdF.

Anymore? :smile:

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

A bike passes you and you're too busy trying to read the frame writing to respond to the nod from its rider.

3. OP
    OP
    Kovu

Kovu Über Member

... you start throwing around bike phrases in everday conversation that doesnt involve bikes.

4. Alcdrew

Alcdrew Senior Member

While driving, you crash into the car in front, as you were checking out the bike coming the other way. (OK, never crashed, but it's been close)

5. Emu

Emu New Member

:smile: I'm not the only one then.

6. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

You take the long walk round the market place so you can check out all the bikes in the bike park spaces when really you only needed to cross the road.

7. Cyclista

Cyclista New Member

When asked for directions you automatically answer in the amount of time it would take to cycle.

You start to avoid going round to see people if they won't let the bike inside!

8. Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered New Member

You look at the bike , and not at the lovely lady riding it.
    I've done this I have to admit, but after a couple of seconds, I fortunatly returned to the real world.

9. Pete

Pete Guest

I've got a solution to that! When driving, it's my wife in the passenger seat who checks out all the bikes we pass and reports back. It's bonus points for a Colnago....

10. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

You have more cycling jerseys than work shirts.

11. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

You have more cycling jerseys than going out shirts !

12. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

You Too? :smile:

You wash and service your bikes frequently and fettle them before long journeys but never the car. :biggrin:

Well it is only a car :ohmy:

13. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Obsessed, when you sit on your balcony every morning in Crete (on holiday) and watch the guys doing a morning training run.

You take photos of a memorial of a local hero in Uruguay...not having the remotest clue who he was. Why did i do that ?

Your wife says 'i remember when you used to look at women :smile:

You look fondly at ALL bikes, old, new, battered and blue.

Sad...very sad :ohmy:

14. TimO

TimO Veteran

Hell, I can go one step better, "When your bikes are individually worth more than your car." :biggrin:

15. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

When you bitterly complain that you have had to pay £30 for a pair of walking shoes, then pay £120 for cycling shoes without batting an eyelid.

When you are staying in another area and you pick up the Yellow Pages to find the local bike shops.

When the staff of every bike shop in a 25 mile radius know your name and wave to you as you pass.