You know your obbessed with cycling when ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kovu

Über Member
1. ... you turn your head not to look at the car, or people, but just to see what sort of handlebars they have on thier bikes.

2. ... you refuse to go out with mates, just to be able to watch TdF.

Anymore? :smile:

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
... you start throwing around bike phrases in everday conversation that doesnt involve bikes.

Alcdrew

While driving, you crash into the car in front, as you were checking out the bike coming the other way. (OK, never crashed, but it's been close)

Emu

Alcdrew said:
While driving, you crash into the car in front, as you were checking out the bike coming the other way. (OK, never crashed, but it's been close)

:smile: I'm not the only one then.

Cyclista

When asked for directions you automatically answer in the amount of time it would take to cycle.

You start to avoid going round to see people if they won't let the bike inside!

Aint Skeered

You look at the bike , and not at the lovely lady riding it.
I've done this I have to admit, but after a couple of seconds, I fortunatly returned to the real world.

Pete

Alcdrew said:
I've got a solution to that! When driving, it's my wife in the passenger seat who checks out all the bikes we pass and reports back. It's bonus points for a Colnago....

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
You have more cycling jerseys than work shirts.

gbb

Legendary Member
Obsessed, when you sit on your balcony every morning in Crete (on holiday) and watch the guys doing a morning training run.

You take photos of a memorial of a local hero in Uruguay...not having the remotest clue who he was. Why did i do that ?

Your wife says 'i remember when you used to look at women :smile:

You look fondly at ALL bikes, old, new, battered and blue.

Sad...very sad :ohmy:

TimO

Guru
twentysix by twentyfive said:
You Too? :smile:

You wash and service your bikes frequently and fettle them before long journeys but never the car. :biggrin:

Well it is only a car :ohmy:

Hell, I can go one step better, "When your bikes are individually worth more than your car." :biggrin:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
When you bitterly complain that you have had to pay £30 for a pair of walking shoes, then pay £120 for cycling shoes without batting an eyelid.

When you are staying in another area and you pick up the Yellow Pages to find the local bike shops.

When the staff of every bike shop in a 25 mile radius know your name and wave to you as you pass.

Noodley

Maybe more audax obsessed than cycling obsessed but - when you drive to towns off the main route just to check out of there is a cashline machine or an early-opening or late-closing food place.

Top Bottom