You Know you're Getting Old When.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfgurl

mr_hippo said:
You go to a museum and say "We had one of them!", "I remember my mum using that!" ...

I remember going to several museum exhibitions with my Mum when I was younger and watching her getting increasingly nervy at the fact things she had as a child being museum exhibits.
Age got its own back on me a few months ago at a museum.

Arch

Married to Night Train
When you bend down to pick something up and look around for something else to do while you're down there, so save doing it again later....

(My Mum quoted that one last week...)

ChrisKH

Guru
Perry said:
You save old trainers for for in the garden.

Anymore?

When you won't throw away your old comfy trainers, even though you used them to shift 50 gallons of raw sewage as I did on Saturday.

Ok, I threw them eventually, but under protest.

ChrisKH

Guru
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Now *that's* what I call a curry party! :biggrin::biggrin:;)

Funny you should say that. I live on a hill, and the drains have been backing up and raw sewage pouring out of my drains. The guy I got in to help me rod and pressure wash the drains said it was bad, 'but not as bad as the Indian restaurant I had to clear out last week'. ;)

ChrisKH said:
When you won't throw away your old comfy trainers, even though you used them to shift 50 gallons of raw sewage as I did on Saturday.

And never even thought of using a bucket instead. ;)

gbspark

you hear songs on the radio and sing along to them and your kids say how do you know that, ,,,, it was about when you were a kid and just been remixed???????????

mr Mag00 said:
you cannot drink all day and get up the next day bright and breezy
*thinks back to the weekend ;)*
but we all still had a great time.

In my experience it's the teens and 20 year old people who have most difficulty the next day, the 40 and 50 year olds delight in making as much noise as possible at 7 am.

GrahamG

Guru
You start keeping empty marg tubs and other plastic containers 'because they might come in useful'. I'm turning into a hybrid of my mum and dad.

Top Bottom