You mucky mutt....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Typical labrador, always something in his mouth, leaves, twigs, sticks, empty plastic bottles, tin cans and......

Fox poo xx(
Walking in the dark this morning, hes picked something up....Digby !!!!...PUT IT DOWN.
I wrestled whatever it was from him (stubborn git, jaws clamped tight :laugh:) ....oooer, what the heck is that ?....and walked on.
Got home, quick wash hands, walked in the kitchen.....uuurgggh, wtf is that smell xx(.
Smelled my hand (after a quick wash).....Jesus, it was rank.
Walked to the car 30 mins later, I can now see what he had in his mouth...dirty beggar .
This evening, he walked up to me in the garden, jumped up....terror, your paws are wet ...I look down the path to see a puddle of pee hes just walked through :surrender:.
Dirty beggar :laugh:

I'm reliably informed the antidote for fox poo (my dog doesn't need it luckily) is tomato ketchup, apparently it will break the poo down a bit so that shampoo/soap can actually get rid of it rather than just aid in the smearability. xx(

Reactions: gbb

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's animals. Our 3 pedigree cats have very long fur, and we often need to trim out a stuck poop. Really nasty if they get the runs - it's shove the cat in the bath (with associated issues that brings). :wacko:

Mrs M

Guru
We’ve had the cat and fox poo issue, not with the dog so far :smile:

Stinky Sam :ohmy:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I'm reliably informed the antidote for fox poo (my dog doesn't need it luckily) is tomato ketchup, apparently it will break the poo down a bit so that shampoo/soap can actually get rid of it rather than just aid in the smearability. xx(
That is absolutely correct. I was a professional dog groomer for a long time.
if you are worried about tomato sauce staining you might find salad cream works wonderfully. The cheaper the better.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Possibly connected to the standard recommendation of tomato juice to counteract skunk spray?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Friends in Vancouver told me that the best way of making their Labrador smell bearable again after he had been sprayed by the local skunk was to wash him several times in tomato ketchup. It seems to have magical properties.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
We once had a Jack Russel who given the chance, would revel in rolling in dead animals. The stench xx(:ohmy: was unbearable, you had to hose her down, the rankiest thing i ever smelled.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We once had a Jack Russel who given the chance, would revel in rolling in dead animals. The stench xx(:ohmy: was unbearable, you had to hose her down, the rankiest thing i ever smelled.
Jack’s don’t like to be clean. They like to be slightly ‘natural’ i.e. stinky, so they can go out and kill small squeaky things more efficiently. That’s my theory anyway.

presta

Guru
Shadow, our bearded collie cross used to have a liking for rolling in cowpats.

DRM

Guru
Shadow, our bearded collie cross used to have a liking for rolling in cowpats.
Is did Mrs DRM’s Yorkshire Terrier, my parents looked after her when we were on holiday, so my Dad decided to have a play with his new video camera, recording her running round a field near the caravan site, only to hear mum saying she’s having a lovely time writhing round on the floor with legs in the air, change to you mucky little bu**er, as they got closer, all captured on VCR. xx(

roley poley

Über Member
Oh yeah ours liked fox poop or roadkill hedge hog to roll in

Top Bottom