You Said Thanks & Smiled (Gifts) Then Scratched Your Head

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I got my Xmas gift early from my wife, a Garmin Edge Touring a few weeks ago. Delighted with it.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
As a mid-fifties bloke who's only just decided to cycle, it seems everyone thought they knew what to buy me for Xmas. So cycling was the theme this year and I don't want to upset anyone but wondering how I can get away with not using some of this stuff. Anyone else have gifts that they wished they hadn't got?
Nay, I'm positive there are no unwanted Ralpha items among my presents.
If you have any, kindly send them my way: if they are not my size I'll eat my way into them or starve myself into them, whatever is required :smile:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thread title sounds like one of those lonely heart Metro paper cries in the urban wilderness, ...'Tuesday night, 6.30pm southbound on the Victoria line. You got on at Pimlico, in a purple dress as snug as a Wapha base layer and large brown eyes like huge deep pools of luxury chocolate, you melted the heart of every man in the carriage . You brushed against my arm, me wearing a green shirt and blue chinos, I could see you look at my novelty tie and smiled, at least I think it was a smile. Knowing I had to say something or I'd regret forevermore staying silent during our chance encounter, I blurted out "wow, you're really lucky, just two stops ago I let off a massive fart that made everyone eyes water, thankfully its cleared up now and we've avoided what could have been a pretty embarrassing moment....."....'you said thanks & smiled, then scratched your head............blimey I must have started drinking early today:blush:.......and there's nothing wrong with those presents you lucky blighter, I'll happily exchange them for any of the array of socks I seem to have receieved from Santa.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Nay, I'm positive there are no unwanted Ralpha items among my presents.
If you have any, kindly send them my way: if they are not my size I'll eat my way into them or starve myself into them, whatever is required :smile:
if its anything like Assos sizing you will have to become anorexic to get in it

snorri

Legendary Member
For the Nth year in a row I received a fold out type wallet from my parents, despite the fact I don't use that type and have no money to put in it anyways.
Tip. If you would like to receive a different gift next year, I suggest that in early November you start using one of the wallets they have given you.:thumbsup:
When it came round to Christmas present buying time in previous years your parents noticed you were not using your fold-out wallet and thought the last wallet they had given you had become decrepit, so go out to get you another.:smile:

buggi

Bird Saviour
I specifically requested nothing cycle related, it sounds daft but obsessing over the detail is half the fun of buying that stuff.

For the Nth year in a row I received a fold out type wallet from my parents, despite the fact I don't use that type and have no money to put in it anyways.
lol i always get a jewellery case off my mum. i've got more cases than actual jewellery

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
I got a bike maintenance stand from lovely hubby (to share). I put it together last night with a little help, so a little fettling is on the cards today (possibly instead of a ride as it's really windy out). I also got a cycling coaster and a dangly light thing.
Happy with all my gifts, all very thoughtful x

Top Bottom