you wait for ages .......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
then you get 2 close passes in one day.

View: http://youtu.be/aoLksKghVEM
is the first.

the second I am not posting yet as the driver works for a company I have on site at present and he RLJed too. Roadsafe are aware of the 2nd but the 1st i can't be bothered with reporting it yet unless he does it again to me .

I hope roadsafe do something with the 2nd one of today as the last RLJ i reported didn't get prosecuted for whatever reason.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I really wouldnt cycle in that cycle lane.
You are in the doorzone which is a killer!
The road space to your right is not wide enough for a vehicle to pass you safely.
The cycle lane is a hazard and if you use it you are just asking for someone to squeeze through the gap.

OP
OP
subaqua

subaqua

What’s the point
I really wouldnt cycle in that cycle lane.
You are in the doorzone which is a killer!
The road space to your right is nit wide enough for a vehicle to pads you safely.
The cycle lane is a hazard and if you use it you are just asking for someone to squeeze through the gap.

i try not to cycle in it . thankfully there is a good view along the whole length and you can see if there are any people in tthe cars. when i don't cycle in it i get abuse that leads to

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYTwzOVHF6A
and worse. but i didn't have the camera on that day.

Waltham forest have gone a bit Olympic route mad.

OP
OP
subaqua

subaqua

What’s the point
You can assume but you can't guarantee.

no, you can actually see the whole length. whn the road got changed it didn't make the cycle lane any safer. crapwalthamforest on blogger has a whinge about this road fairly often.

as i said above i choose not to ride in the cycle lane wherever possible but faced with the choice of myopic old fart in battered transit or ride in cycle lane door zone i can actually see is clear i know what i do.

hindsight makes perfect cyclists. :tongue:

400bhp

Guru
You can see the whole length but you can't claim to be able to see with 100% certainty there are no-one in the cars.

i try not to cycle in it . thankfully there is a good view along the whole length and you can see if there are any people in tthe cars. when i don't cycle in it i get abuse that leads to http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mYTwzOVHF6A and worse. but i didn't have the camera on that day.

Waltham forest have gone a bit Olympic route mad.

Unfortunately children can be the worst and you don't always see them, you second video above shows a much better approach. At the end of the day I'd rather have abuse than an accident, as folk say sticks and stones.

OP
OP
subaqua

subaqua

What’s the point
Unfortunately children can be the worst and you don't always see them, you second video above shows a much better approach. At the end of the day I'd rather have abuse than an accident, as folk say sticks and stones.

at 06.15 am , having ridden this road for nearly everyday for nearly 12 months, and not seeing any children running out I think the possibility is getting close to zero.

I moved across this morning as the van had almost landed on my rear wheel at the ASL . the approach i NORMALLY take is the primary down the centre of the main lane.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The issue with kids is not just them running out but them opening doors. You can not tell if a small child is siting in the back, and kids will fiddle and pull anything they can.

Personally i think it's hard to complain if someone passes too close if you a. cycle in the door zone when you shouldn't b. give the idiot motorists the inch of space they require to squeeze past you.

You may not have had an issue in the past 12 months but what about the next 12?

BSRU

A Human Being
then you get 2 close passes in one day.

View: http://youtu.be/aoLksKghVEM
is the first.

the second I am not posting yet as the driver works for a company I have on site at present and he RLJed too. Roadsafe are aware of the 2nd but the 1st i can't be bothered with reporting it yet unless he does it again to me .

I hope roadsafe do something with the 2nd one of today as the last RLJ i reported didn't get prosecuted for whatever reason.

Just to the right of that dashed line would be a better position :biggrin:.

stowie

Legendary Member
You have my sympathies with this road Aqua. I have cycled down it numerous times and it isn't nice.

Taking primary may be all well and good, but the cars speed down there and I have certainly been bullied into the door zone. Some of the speeds they bear down on you means I get more concerned the idiot behind might just decide to drive through me than a potential dooring.

Even if you stick to the dangerous cycle lane, the road is narrow and a van has to close pass to overtake.

Waltham Forest revamped this road at the cost of £0.5M. This lane is, presumably, considered fine by them. This is because, when it comes to cycle infrastructure (amongst other things), they cannot find their own arse with both hands.

Top Bottom