"You were there and I was there!" MGIF and complete denial

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Not worth a confrontation. Just one of those things. Filter past her and crack on.
Shaking your head as you do so :okay:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Some folk really don't have much to worry about if they think this non event deserves getting into a confrontation about; and then posting it on the net :rolleyes:.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

Sorry Glenn, can't agree.
Yeah, its irritating when someone overtakes you, then is almost immediately stopped by traffic....but, that driver quite probably commited to overtaking you, quite reasonably in my view, when the road ahead of you allowed it at the moment the decision was made. That decision was made before you even saw her. Circumstances then changed...so what, it happens to us all, drivers to drivers, cyclists to cyclists, cars to cyclists, its a set of ever changing circumstances, no one can predict everything that'll happen.
Irritating, maybe....bad driving ?...not IMO.

Not my clip, it's 4chord's. So inured to terrible driving it's unremarkable.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I've just watched a couple more of the cyclist's vids and god they are deathly boring. And the Sainsbury's one has the wrong title, it should be called idiot effing MGIF bellend of a cyclist has a deathwish.

Shaun

Founder
I was more surprised by how long she held back (if you watch the rear-facing camera she waits quite a while before overtaking - albeit as the traffic comes to a stop, but who hasn't made that mistake before?).

gbb

Legendary Member
Not my clip, it's 4chord's. So inured to terrible driving it's unremarkable.
Fair play, perhaps you could Indicate its not your clip to avoid that :okay:?
Innured to terrible driving ?.. blimey, how do people react when they get a REAL close pass. Thats really not terrible driving, It could have been done better...perhaps, with a tad more patience.
This is exactly the kind of clip that makes me determined never to have a cam, it completely spoils the pleasure of cycling, making some users paranoid about every pass, every piece of less than perfect driving.
You have to accept (well I do anyway) that the myriad of circumstances that change for every road user every yard of the way will always make travel less than perfect, utopia will never happen. You dont have to be a cretin to make a mistake. Once thats accepted, you get less agitated and enjoy cycling more. (im talking generally, not specifically about you or the owner of the video)

bpsmith

Veteran
As above, the mistake in the video is hardly life threatening. Technically wrong, but who drives, or rides for that matter, perfectly for the duration?

People should think about it before pointing the finger.

If the footage from the rest of the ride was posted, we would no doubt fill a notepad with mistakes on other drivers and rider alike.

AndyRM

XOXO
Nothing's happening.

Nothing's happening.

Nothing's happening.

It's over.

A bunch of people in the audience look pissed off.

What's the point in sharing non-events like this, either here or on YouTube?

Top Bottom