Your best cycle bargain?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had a stroke of luck today. I was in my local bike shop buying some inner tubes when I noticed a large basket with a notice that just said "Bargain Basket". After a rummage through it I came across a Chris King threadless headset in red, silver and blue. I believe it is called a "Patriot" headset. It was brand new and just missing the top cap and crown race. The price was only £30.00 so I snapped it up.

What is your best cycle bargain find?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
a couple of years ago i was looking for a front pannier rack for my MTB and came across the Old Man Mountain ones.... just what i needed but at around £90, was far too expensive. so I thought 'let's have a look on ebay' and within minutes found an Old Man Mountain front rack, just what i needed... unused, still with the retail packaging on for the Buy It Now price of £40.... bargain.

simon.r

Person
Some Shimano shoes from Halfords of all places - about £18 reduced from £80. Still going strong thousands of miles on.

A Charge Juicer Mid, from Wiggle - about £350 reduced from £950.

A radially laced Mavic 217 on an XT hub - also from Halfords. Someone had ordered it but not collected. £20 I think and again still going strong having been used on at least 3 different bikes over the years.

Various bits of clothing from a local outdoor shop that used to clear out end of lines from Karrimor.

sackville d

Veteran
My Basso Viper frame and forks from a chap whose father used to distribute them in the UK.It was on ebay and as the seconds ticked down I was sure somebody would come in and bid against me but not 1 did.

£170!!:hyper:NEW!!

Top Bottom