Your best tour and why

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...I'm a beginner...just the one and off on a 'real' tour in a month or so...but already i am thinking about where to go next...so....where is the best place you ever toured and why?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...I'm a beginner...just the one and off on a 'real' tour in a month or so...but already i am thinking about where to go next...so....where is the best place you ever toured and why?

I don't have a favourite tour. They have all had their own appeals, challenges and memorable events.

The most memorable tour was my very first, a C2C.

ditto vernon - but if I had to recommend a place then it would be France - scenery /topography is wickededly variable in a small area, there is an abundance of beutiful historic towns and the climate in the summer is just right

jags

Guru
dayvo you were back on the bike after 4 weeks from a broken collarbone i was 3 months off whats your secret.

jags said:
dayvo you were back on the bike after 4 weeks from a broken collarbone i was 3 months off whats your secret.

I don't know! I always seem to recover quickly from (the few) injuries I've had.

The break was more or less in the middle of the left collarbone; I'm large boned, so I don't know if that helps with the re-knitting of the bones!

goo_stewart

My first tour, Cambodia. The sense of freedom, the warmest welcome by the locals and the challenge. I toured just about when UNTAC left and the country was getting on it's feet again. I love all my tours, but the first really stands out in my mind. I can smell the smells, see the people and feel the ride still to this day, 10 years later.

goo_stewart said:
My first tour, Cambodia. The sense of freedom, the warmest welcome by the locals and the challenge. I toured just about when UNTAC left and the country was getting on it's feet again. I love all my tours, but the first really stands out in my mind. I can smell the smells, see the people and feel the ride still to this day, 10 years later.

goo!
Interesting travels! I have spent quite a lot of time in Cambodia over the last two winters, but I must admit I wouldn't fancy cycling there! The roads were atrocious and the driving/traffic scary. But the people were amazingly friendly and hospitable; maybe one day . . . !

yello

Corsica in 2001 with my younger brother. Superb cycling and stunning scenery. My brother had flown over from NZ; we cycled in the UK, Ireland, the south of France and finally Corsica. He had neurofibromatosis and that tour was pretty much the last time he rode a bike. He sadly died a few years ago, making those weeks I spent with him very very special to me. Corsica's stunning though, sentimental reasons or no, and I plan to return later in the year.

Top Bottom