Your bike and a thatch.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Not really sure what the thatched building is. Don't think it's a church but the window frame seems a bit OTT for anything else.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

MBIFO some thatch in Ecton village on today's ride.

I love seeing these thatched buildings, reminds me so much of growing up in Dorset, in fact my schoolmate Dave became a master thatcher and did very well out of it. We used to cycle around the Purbecks and there was a beautiful thatched cottage as you rode into Studland village from Corfe Castle, maybe that's what gave him the inspiration?

lejogger

Guru
I’m hugely fortunate that this is my local. It’s not officially the closest pub to my doorstep, but it’s within 3 miles, and I rarely choose to go to any of the others… why would you when ‘The Thatch’ is so close?

I suspect that my steeds are possibly even bigger fans of the place, as somehow, no matter where I’ve been, they route me home via the finest watering hole on the Wirral.

In the summer sun, ice cold beer in hand, those benches are paradise.

PeteXXX

MBIFO, or actually under, a thatched outbuilding in Isham on last nights ride from work..
You can't really see the thatch, though, as it was Overhanging the illumination!

PeteXXX

All your photos remind me of my youth, I was brought up in Weston Favell. My parents still live on Weston Way.
There's quite a few thatched places in Weston Favell. I'll have to go for a pedal around there and take some pics 😊

Top Bottom