Your bike in a tunnel pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_1385.JPG

MBIFO a tunnei on the old line alongside Loch Oich.

:smile:

Katherine

Guru
My first piccy on this thread.

View attachment 469678
I recognise that tunnel! - and you managed to catch it with the sun on it too.

Katherine

Guru
PSX_20190829_202816.jpg
Under the railway line in Irlam. It's always good practice for the technical challenge to ride around the barriers at each end and through the tunnel without stopping or taking a foot off the pedal.

View attachment 482589 Under the railway line in Irlam. It's always good practice for the technical challenge to ride around the barriers at each end and through the tunnel without stopping or taking a foot off the pedal.

Lovely picture. I have a similar technical challenge on the route from Stuttgart which was interesting today on a loaded Xtracycle.

I can't quite see what yours is 'protecting' you from though. Is there a road behind you?

Yes, this is the view from the other end.

View attachment 482881

That makes sense, yes.

It seems your local council follows the same logic as ours: Cars go fast and kill people, so the answer is to inconvenience people so they don't get hit by cars.

It's a lovely bit of engineering, that bridge. I'm often struck by the irony that a society as unjust and ugly as Britain in the 18th-19th centuries can have made such aesthetically pleasing infrastructure.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Grrrr. I've ridden through the tunnels on the Monsal Trail, the Ashbourne tunnel on the Tissington Trail, and I have a nagging feeling there's one on the High Peak too. There's a great tunnel on the Annecy track beside the lake, and I've been through that four times, or is it six? Not to mention a few tunnels on the climb up to the Colombier. And do I have a photo of any of them? I do not.

D

Deleted member 26715

and I have a nagging feeling there's one on the High Peak too.
There is, I went through it a few weeks ago, I didn't take a picture either but it was heavily persistently raining it down at the time both ways.

Top Bottom