Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
St Luke's, Shireoaks

Large_IMG_2608.JPG

gtmet

Über Member
St Bridget's, Chelvey. Blue sky, bright mid-March sunshine casting sharp shadows from the churchyard yews. Within two hours stinging hail was whitening the roads.

210313-230  St. Bridget's Chelvey-preaching cross -Sovereign EV-pt3.JPG

Chromatic

Legendary Member
This is St Mary the Virgin, Berkeley , Gloucestershire.

Aptly for the current situation we find ourselves in where the vast majority of us want our vaccination as soon as possible, this church is where the man who's work pioneered the use of vaccines, Edward Jenner, is laid to rest. He was born and died in Berkeley and his remains are interred in the family vault in this church.

Last edited:

gtmet

Über Member
This is St Mary the Virgin, Berkeley , Gloucestershire.

A strange church, very ornate inside but looks like a village garage outside. The disappearance of the tower that can be seen from a distance was also puzzling until I realised that it is separate and I had walked past it without noticing.

I suppose it is because a church is essentially an inside space, something that is more obvious on the continent where cathedrals and urban churches are often adjacent to secular buildings.

Last edited:
St Mary’s, Cholsey - site of Agatha Christie’s grave (something I only remembered when I got home :rolleyes:).
View attachment 579702
That's a like for the church and bike :okay:

Top Bottom