Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
St Crispin Tower is there, too. Saved from demolition when the new houses were built. I didn't have long to hang around as I needed to be in Bugbrooke for my blood donoring on time!
Yeah pre pandemic we were up that area a lot as our granddaughter lives near to both

Church of St Giles, Carburton (on the edge of Clumber Park). Tiny little place beginning to look rather distressed.

Large_20210324_140252.jpg

Thanks for the link to information about the church, although I'm not sure that I'd call the architecture "captivating" it is certainly interesting.
Odd little church but Grade II*. Interior is lovely and simple.
The external rendering certainly did it no favours. The 'main' road along which I've passed the church many times, is a couple of hundred metres away. From that distance I always took it to be a water management building rather than ecclesiastical.
The half arch which the porch intersects is a strange architectural choice to say the least.
:smile:
yep, rather calls into question that entire site.
As do the 'Visitor Information' points:
'Level access'?! Hope no-one with mobility needs ever requires access.
'On-steet' parking?! and
'Space to secure your bike'?! There might be 'space', however, what you'd secure it to is another matter!

The external rendering certainly did it no favours. The 'main' road along which I've passed the church many times, is a couple of hundred metres away. From that distance I always took it to be a water management building rather than ecclesiastical.
The half arch which the porch intersects is a strange architectural choice to say the least.

As do the 'Visitor Information' points:
'Level access'?! Hope no-one with mobility needs ever requires access.
'On-steet' parking?! and
'Space to secure your bike'?! There might be 'space', however, what you'd secure it to is another matter!
I think its a little gem inside, agree that externally they could have done much better ^_^

Top Bottom