Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Cold Brayfield church St Mary the Virgin

Toe Clip

St John the Evangelist Lund (?)
2EF96D3A-8AAA-4452-8188-811A1616ABFC.jpeg

cwskas

Über Member

Near the end of a 90 mile ride in the local area. It is hard to see the trike, since it is sitting in the shade. I should have moved it to the bright spot. A congregation of Norwegian immigrants built the first church in the county. It burned some time back and this is the replacement.

Another church built by Norwegian immigrants in our county. "The Old Rock Church" is only used for special events and holiday services now.

One of my rest stops on my first 100 mile ride. No regular services here, but reunions still occur from time to time. Both sets
of my fathers grandparents were charter members of this tiny community.

Willie

Shack

Where's that? I need to ride there and take some photos!!
If you know the area well I headed up long drag hill then shot over to the South Molton road and was heading over to come back down long lane and this was just a quarter mile from scooting under the North Devon link road, hadn't spotted many churches in that style locally so thought I'd take a snap and enjoy the view.

Shack

If you know the area well I headed up long drag hill then shot over to the South Molton road and was heading over to come back down long lane and this was just a quarter mile from scooting under the North Devon link road, hadn't spotted many churches in that style locally so thought I'd take a snap and enjoy the view.
Just jumped on my Strava and it's up at Loxbeare(the name had escaped me) my daughter swims at Tivvy so rather than sit in the carpark patiently it gives me a little needed excuse to head out for an hour or so.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Just jumped on my Strava and it's up at Loxbeare(the name had escaped me) my daughter swims at Tivvy so rather than sit in the carpark patiently it gives me a little needed excuse to head out for an hour or so.

Thanks - I head up that way from time to time (a favourite longish ride is up to South Molton), so will drop in some time... Chittlehampton is one on my list too when I'm in that direction.

Shack

Thanks - I head up that way from time to time (a favourite longish ride is up to South Molton), so will drop in some time... Chittlehampton is one on my list too when I'm in that direction.
I wanted to carry on but on an annoying deadline, next time I'll clear the diary a bit more, stunning rolling hills so worth the effort, I'll see if I can include a nose around Chittlehampton if that's a recommendation

Top Bottom