Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
St Mary's Church, Stodmarsh

Large_IMG_1626.JPG

IaninSheffield

Veteran
St Mary seemed quite popular round these parts. St Mary's Church, Wingham seemed to be surrounded by shrubbery so tricky to get an angle, but I thought the sundial and stained glass above the entrance gave a certain ... status?

Large_IMG_1627.JPG

seriously wierd.
what are the two boxes near the top?

It's an extreme angle to be fair; under normal angles it just looks ugly.

They're balconies. I have no idea what they were built for, but they have been used for abseiling by the youth group.

Last edited:

Rather austere looking St Michael, Whitewell, Bowland - possibly an unsympathetic external renovation. Apparently though has an impressive stained glass window and tapestry so will try to pop in sometime when god gives us the all clear.

In the porch a bin liner weighted down with stones. Sorry folks, I daren't look inside.

Only really two buildings in Whitewell, this and the rather posh Inn at Whitewell next to it - members of the royal family have apparently kipped there in their ambles around the country. I did hear some story that someone wandering around the Bowland Fells was somewhat suprised to come across a tramping queen with a minder or two and was given a look which said "you haven't seen me, right".

Much of the land in the area is owned by the Duchy of Lancaster.

Top Bottom