Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cm2mackem

Über Member
IMG_20200507_093630091_HDR~2.jpg

Holy Trinity Church, Pleshey, Essex

And

Fun sponge
St Mary's, Crich

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Attractive gate

Interesting.that wooden tower reminds me of some in essex which i think used wood because of a shortage of suitable local stone.

I'm certainly no expert at all but it does seem to be the only one I know of around here with a wooden tower.

At Mary’s in Bletchley, just behind Station X but don’t mention it to anyone.

It’s beautiful, it’s just a shame that Bletchley grew up around it. View attachment 520957
Back in my Cable&Wireless days, we had offices and a datacentre in Blechley. At the end of a big system upgrade project we were rewarded with a tour of Bletchley Park (Station X). One particular thing I remember was the full size replica code breaking machine (early computer?) they built. The original was destroyed at the end of WWII, such was the paranoia back then of it falling into the wrong hands. The replica was made of the same GPO parts, so pretty much as good as the original. A fascinating insight into what was being done there at that time, definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't been.

Last edited:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Congratulations on the anniversary, and a great photo too.
(I 'googled' Gawsworth, and found it's in striking distance to me so i've now planned a route there - thanks! :smile:)

The Harrington Arms nearby is recommended too. Nice beer garden.

Back in my Cable&Wireless days, we had offices and a datacentre in Blechley. At the end of a big system upgrade project we were rewarded with a tour of Bletchley Park (Station X). One particular thing I remember was the full size replica code breaking machine (early computer?) they built. The original was destroyed at the end of WWII, such was the paranoia back then of it falling into the wrong hands. The replica was made of the same GPO parts, so pretty much as good as the original. A fascinating insight into what was being done there at that time, definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't been.

It’s a good day out, the museum has expanded further in recent time but has kept the same feel.

Definitely worth a revisit

Top Bottom