Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
East Haddons St Mary's Church on this morning's ride . Somewhere between here and Church Brampton I dropped a glove :sad:.

avecReynolds531

Veteran

Church of St. Mary Magdalene and St. Lawrence, Davington, Kent.

From Faversham.org: 'The historic and beautiful building, dating from 1153, is Grade I listed and the oldest extant building in the Faversham area. The church is widely regarded as a simple yet exquisite jewel and was originally part of a Benedictine priory founded for a community of 26 nuns. The priory expired just prior to the Reformation and much of its complex of buildings demolished. However, the church remained and continued to serve the local parish, with unbroken divine worship down the centuries.
Much of the surviving fabric is medieval with many interesting features, however, all of its magnificent stained glass is by the 19th century artistic pioneer Thomas Willement, who is buried in a family vault within the church.'

Attachments

• KEB_4940.small.jpg
    KEB_4940.small.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
View attachment 538161

My bike in front of Freiburg Minster today.

(Close up so @Blue Hills doesn't think I've got a guilty conscience).
though it does look like you took that on your knees.

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Have been to Faversham a couple of times but never noticed that spire.
Rather makes me think of Thunderbird 3.
I suppose, sadly, the Hop Festival isn't on this year?
I love the spire - it's beautiful close up & can be seen for miles around. Yes, maybe the Thunderbird 3 designer had a day out in Kent:smile:

There are a lot of fine & ancient churches around here - it's been a privilege to take time to discover them & the related history.

Hop Festival cancelled as far as we know this year.

I love the spire - it's beautiful close up & can be seen for miles around. Yes, maybe the Thunderbird 3 designer had a day out in Kent:smile:

There are a lot of fine & ancient churches around here - it's been a privilege to take time to discover them & the related history.

Hop Festival cancelled as far as we know this year.
ah sad.
Nice memories a few years ago of camping at a Faversham school for the wondrous hop festival - seem to remember the guy on the gate let me have three nights for a fiver after learning that I'd cycled from Peckham (actually near Peckham) - Faversham is a great town, not as well known/apprerciated as it should be - has a great chippy as well.

Top Bottom