Your bike in front of a gate pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
One from this morning's ride

IMG_20180331_064410286.jpg

One of the entrances to Boughton house.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Misty moist morning...same here !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
In front, behind or on top ?
20180303_125840.jpg

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Is it permitted to ride through Grimston Park? Must admit I've been tempted but have been put off by the "private road" signs on the fancy gates off the A162...
I first started riding through when there was a small plant nursery there so people used it for access. I’ve continued to ride through long after the nursery closed down and never been stopped, must be well over a hundred times now. There are several houses down the driveway and the main house is split into large apartments. The people living in one of the gatehouses have bikes chained up outside and there are often people cycling and milling around, I always say hi and everyone is friendly. Occasionally there is a wooden gate which is closed, I lift my bike over and carry on. I think the landlords are more concerned with cars/motorbikes using it as a through road rather than cyclists pootling through.
Give it a go Dave, what can they say?

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I first started riding through when there was a small plant nursery there so people used it for access. I’ve continued to ride through long after the nursery closed down and never been stopped, must be well over a hundred times now. There are several houses down the driveway and the main house is split into large apartments. The people living in one of the gatehouses have bikes chained up outside and there are often people cycling and milling around, I always say hi and everyone is friendly.
Give it a go Dave, what can they say?

Thanks, I will next time I'm out that way.

Top Bottom