Your bike in front of some water - pictures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogma F

Sunday morning

IMG_8343.jpeg

IMG_8339.jpeg

IMG_8333.jpeg

bluenotebob

Veteran
On the Nantes-to-Brest canal towpath (also EuroVelo#1) south of Montertelot this morning

NtB canal S of Montertelot pic 2.JPG

tyred

Legendary Member
Interestingly we have a Loch Garten on the other side of the North Channel. Could make an interesting diversion if there’s a GPS typing error…

Interesting. I hadn't realised that but had a look on Google.

Gartan is the name of a parish on the lough shore but not sure whether it is name after the lake or lake is named after the area. It's proper Irish language name is Loch Gartáin, I'm not sure what it means in English but you probably have a similar reason to name yours in Scots Gaelic.

Or this is possibly a St. Columbkille (Columba) connection as he was born near the lake.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Fenstanton pond
Fenstanton Pond.jpg

bluenotebob

Veteran
MBIFO the flooded river Doeuff, E of Bois-de-la-Roche this afternoon.

That’s my LaPierre Urban Shaper – slow (these days), sedate and graceful – and affectionately known as “the Lady”. In semi-retirement now but she still likes to get out sometimes and feel the wind in her spokes and to get her feet wet….

Flooded R Doeuff pic 2.JPG

.. and a couple of kilometres further south, MBIFO the river Yvel. There is a path that leads right down to the water’s edge (for those inclined to fish). I’ll go down there one day on one of my MTBs and get a better photo – but not until the hunting season has definitely finished (start of March, hopefully).

R Yvel near la Roche pic 2.JPG

Top Bottom