Your bike in front of some water - pictures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Here's one I took today in Wemyss Bay, looking towards Arran in the background. Some very small people walking along my crossbar... 😄 Bike is a Trek 6500 SLR mountain bike from about 2007. Removed the suspension forks to save weight, fitted a carbon fork. It makes quite a nice hybrid.

Brandane

Legendary Member
OK, I promise this will be the last in the Wemyss Bay series!
The tide was in, and the ferry, mv Argyle, was leaving for Rothesay. Bike is a Merida Ride 4000, bought new in January 2018.

Zanelad

Guru
OK, I promise this will be the last in the Wemyss Bay series!
The tide was in, and the ferry, mv Argyle, was leaving for Rothesay. Bike is a Merida Ride 4000, bought new in January 2018.

View attachment 585881

Don't stop on my account. They take me back to 1971 and the last family holiday I had with my sister and parents. We went to Rothsay for 2 weeks. Had a great time, well a great time for a 13 year old. Happy days.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Don't stop on my account. They take me back to 1971 and the last family holiday I had with my sister and parents. We went to Rothsay for 2 weeks. Had a great time, well a great time for a 13 year old. Happy days.
I was born there (hence my forum name). Left at age 5 though, returned for 2 years in the early 80's. I don't live far away now, so visit reasonably regularly. Will get a picture of my bike in front of some Bute water to post up in the near future.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Down at Whites lock Earls Barton.

Willd

Veteran
River Soar (oh yes it is, but only about 200m from its source), it's a bit bigger in Leicester & Loughborough :hello:

DSC00078.jpg

Weird geography lesson :rolleyes: Highest point is only 140m, but if you were to put your rubber duck into the water (assuming there was some), to the right is the source of the Soar, so if it didn't get eaten in Leicester, it would end up in the North Sea, via the Trent & Humber Estuary; 1.2 km Westish is the source of the River Anker, which would also end up in the Trent, but via the Tame; however if it went in the source of the Withy Brook 600m South Westish, it would end up in the Atlantic, via the Sowe, Avon & Severn ^_^

1619972547806.png

River Soar is a bit bigger at Stoney Bridge near Sapcote
DSC00083.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
1620555549761.png

This is my upright 26" touring bicycle at a detention basin which is unnamed. A large population of fish and waterfowl, and a permanent body of water, fed by drainage from parking lots. There are many of these in town, because local ordinance demands that for every parking lot there must be detention basins to hold the rain coming off the parking lot . I have never seen this pond dry, knock wood.

Top Bottom