Your bike in front of some water - pictures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
IMG_20211017_160408_695~2.jpg

The Kelvin today. River level has shot up over the last few days.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

A local Brook on this morning's ride.

gtmet

Über Member
View attachment 614885
The river Hiz in Hitchin, Herts. I'd say it's more of a stream, this is its most prominent bit thanks to it being dammed here to create an artificial pond.

Hitchin, the quaint old English market town centre in the Stevenage-Hitchin-Letchworth conurbation. Have they finally merged to create the City of Stitchworth yet? I know that where we lived in the eighties on the edge of Stevenage looking out over Weston Road and fields is now about two new estates in, so the houses must be about to charge downhill and envelope Gravely...

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Hitchin, the quaint old English market town centre in the Stevenage-Hitchin-Letchworth conurbation. Have they finally merged to create the City of Stitchworth yet? I know that where we lived in the eighties on the edge of Stevenage looking out over Weston Road and fields is now about two new estates in, so the houses must be about to charge downhill and envelope Gravely...
Not far off. There are still about 400 metres of farmers fields and a bit of common land / heath between the two, no sign of development on them thankfully. Hitchin is expanding North towards Wlibury Hills however, there's a new estate going up on Stotfold Road. I imagine the two will merge one day. 😔

Top Bottom