Your bike in front of something different...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
A monument to waterproof footwear, I think.
Mutual friend & clubmate, Ken, was the lead on the latest restoration project until his retirement. It was cheaply built, the imposing stone facing being thin tiles over a chert rubble structure.
The town had no connection with the Duke apart from the name, but, after Waterloo, decided they should commemorate his victory. He then became prime minister and hugely unpopular, so construction halted. He died, and was thus popular again, so they then finished it.
Pete Luxton told of club runs to a coffee stop there and a climb to the top for the view.

Mutual friend & clubmate, Ken, was the lead on the latest restoration project until his retirement. It was cheaply built, the imposing stone facing being thin tiles over a chert rubble structure.
The town had no connection with the Duke apart from the name, but, after Waterloo, decided they should commemorate his victory. He then became prime minister and hugely unpopular, so construction halted. He died, and was thus popular again, so they then finished it.
Pete Luxton told of club runs to a coffee stop there and a climb to the top for the view.

I lived in the town for a couple of years and bought a Raleigh M-Trax there in 1997, from Shepherd's Cycles.

The shop is long gone but I was commuting on the bike today.

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member

Thanks... I've never been up close to it to see quite how badly it was slung together... but have been aware of at least two major restorations in fairly recent times.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The old village stocks in Brixworth

2021_02_20_Chicken_inspection_01.jpg

MBIFO the Very Free Range Chicken...

Top Bottom