Your Bike Shed cafe - York

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another time :smile:

Btw, my standard 'welcome to cycling in York' experience invloves a ride to Naburn via the planets, pub lunch at the Blacksmith's Arms, return via either the ice cream boat at the bridge or CH for cake. The _best_ arrangement is to meet at CH for pre-ride fry-up/coffee and cake and to finish with the ice cream, of course.

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
[QUOTE 5287420, member: 10119"]Another time :smile:

Btw, my standard 'welcome to cycling in York' experience invloves a ride to Naburn via the planets, pub lunch at the Blacksmith's Arms, return via either the ice cream boat at the bridge or CH for cake. The _best_ arrangement is to meet at CH for pre-ride fry-up/coffee and cake and to finish with the ice cream, of course.[/QUOTE]
That sounds great - it would be good to meet up.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I like Cycle Heaven, not least because there's lots of shiny new bikes to look at.

I've eaten in the cafe twice and thought the food was a good standard both times.

The York Rally I went to was the first 'volunteer' one after the break.

I did a group ride along the Solar System track on my push bike.

They had arranged bait in a church hall at the turnaround point.

All very agreeable.

There wasn't a great deal to see at the rally itself, but the organisers were clear about that in the pre-publicity material and entry was free.

With the group ride It made a decent cycling day out.

My understanding is they have developed the attractions in succeeding years, so there will be more to see and do than when I went.

keithmac

Guru
We've had sausage and bacon sandwiches from there a couple of times, and burger + chips once (sure that was £7 or £8!).

Nothing to write home about!.

Number 84 down the road does a cracking "full house" sandwhich or a "monster" but the latter is a knife and fork job really!.

Never been anything other than impressed by Number 84's food and we've eaten a lot of it over the years!.

spen666

Legendary Member
I blame the internet, on line shopping.
I have never tried ordering a cup of coffee and a pastry online

Top Bottom