Your chance to ride with Team Sky with Jaguar Ride Like a Pro events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
Agreed, 28 is an odd number. Probably dictated by an insurance company :rolleyes:
Probably scared they will get outdone by a younger rider:bicycle:-----------------:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::heat:

Mickthemove

Über Member
I did the Bolton ride yesterday, it was well done with Bury velo leading the way over a relatively tough 45 miles, decent coffee and cake and very hospitable Jag hosts, it was also odd to have a proper team sky support car pull over and help with a puncture. Good fun, cost nowt and would do it again .

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
There was nothing on the finals day that warrant a minimum age of 28. We did the 'driving' part of the challenge in a Sportbrake S, hardly the most powerful of beasts and the course was made up of cones on a large open part in the middle of the track, so no chance to hit anything. I can only guess it's an insurance stipulation imposed upon them. We didn't get to drive the XKRS's or F-Types, but I did get to drive a big heavy V8 XJ on the skidpan with shane which was a giggle:

https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/..._=1409573306_cd84ace49a677e6246ae2c15af539a42

jack smith

Veteran
That, or as it's basically a marketing thing Jag know who their target market is and don't want to fill the places up with people they aren't about to sell a car to...
Never thought of that, but how many people are actually going to buy a jag from the event lol

MikeW-71

Veteran
Got the route for my ride this saturday. Only 30 miles (they could easily have done better) but there is at least a "nice" looking climb in there, should be a pleasant ride :smile:

They've sent me a tag for the bars with emergency contact details etc. and apparently we all get a goody bag for showing up. Probably the usual tat, but we shall see!

Over 70 riders have signed up :wacko:

Top Bottom