Your commute -in pictures?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Took this photo on the way back from work this evening.
Friendly horse came right up to the gate to say hello...
2nbugyo.jpg

bryce

Here's a shot from my commute in Battersea Park looking towards Albert Bridge.. Also get to go by Buckingham Palace, Bond St and Savile Row.

x3a2yr.jpg

dodgy

jimboalee said:

I wonder if those cars in the background will eventually suffer bearing damage if they always park the same way? There must be a lot of weight trying to lean sideways!

Dave.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Here's one....
omKmMbdnKrCq0cac1o03ks3kskXL0003kskXLzCLwDJmg.jpg

If you want to see more......
http://www.cig.canon-europe.com/a?i=9LDYKy3qIm

PBancroft

This should have been a much better picture than it was. My route home (or about 50% of it) passes through the countryside. Maybe three cars will pass me the whole way.

I see a wide variety of animal life. The family of peacocks on the way in to work are my current favourites.

Tonight, just as the sun was setting, I spotted a stag making his way across a field. I should have been able to get closer, and it should have been better lit were I able to reposition myself.

my.php

Sadly my brakes squeeked at the most inopportune moment, and all I managed to get was this. You can barely see him, but he's there.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Kaipaith said:
This should have been a much better picture than it was. My route home (or about 50% of it) passes through the countryside. Maybe three cars will pass me the whole way.

I see a wide variety of animal life. The family of peacocks on the way in to work are my current favourites.

Tonight, just as the sun was setting, I spotted a stag making his way across a field. I should have been able to get closer, and it should have been better lit were I able to reposition myself.

my.php

Sadly my brakes squeeked at the most inopportune moment, and all I managed to get was this. You can barely see him, but he's there.

Hi K. Is that around the back of Hursley?

I was out at the weekend past Farley Mount and there was a (....looks up collective noun for deer...) herd or leash of about 40-50 out in the open. They're a reasonably common sight on the lanes around Winch and Romsey. I've had two near misses where they've panicked and legged it across the road into woods, but I've never managed to catch it on camera.

PBancroft

Bollo said:
Hi K. Is that around the back of Hursley?

Nicely done! Yes - it is. It's a touch more downhill on the route back from Winchester to Romsey. Normally I go through Braishfield on the way in.

Bollo said:
I was out at the weekend past Farley Mount and there was a (....looks up collective noun for deer...) herd or leash of about 40-50 out in the open. They're a reasonably common sight on the lanes around Winch and Romsey. I've had two near misses where they've panicked and legged it across the road into woods, but I've never managed to catch it on camera.

Yes, to be fair this isn't the first sighting I've had. It was the first sighting which had potential to be a half decent photo if the brakes hadn't made a racket.

It's a nice route. Not the best in the world, but I wouldn't trade it either.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Kaipaith said:
Nicely done! Yes - it is. It's a touch more downhill on the route back from Winchester to Romsey. Normally I go through Braishfield on the way in.

Yes, to be fair this isn't the first sighting I've had. It was the first sighting which had potential to be a half decent photo if the brakes hadn't made a racket.

It's a nice route. Not the best in the world, but I wouldn't trade it either.
Yeah me!

The buggers are pretty skittish and that's the truth. Apart from the aforementioned near misses, I've not managed to get within 100m of them.

Having seen a few of the commutes on here, I think we should be thankful for the Hampshire lanes.;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Talking of flyfishing,
on my commute I go through LadyWell fields between Catford and Lewsham, during the summer, a couple of mornings each week I saw a chap practicing his flyfishing cast in one of the fields

Top Bottom