Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
This hog' was slightly earlier last night to visit our feeding sattion
DSCF0025.JPG

Gillstay

Über Member
IMG_20220604_152359652_HDR.jpg

matticus

Guru
Pied wagtails do like tarmac, don't they? I think of them as the car park bird.

I only ever see them on grass. Do they perhaps like car-parks where some folks frequently spill/empty food debris out of their cars? Where is Chris Packham when you need him?!?

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Sorry about the darkness of these pics. I think the newly grown foliage in the foreground is affecting the exposure, so a change in position is needed.
Friendly encounter between our frequent visitor, the one-eyed badger on the left, cub, nearest camera, and mum, on the right.
IMG_0046_fullBBB_Moment.jpg

Group hug!
IMG_0047_fullBBB_Moment.jpg

Hard to tell from a still, but some mutual grooming took place.
IMG_0048_fullBB_Moment.jpg

It's apparently very difficult to sex badgers "in the field", and I wouldn't like to try catching one to examine it.
The one-eyed badger left us in no doubt as to his sex when he performed a roly-poly right in front of the camera and treated us to a full frontal view. He's a big lad! Henceforth to be known informally as "Nelson".
IMG_0033_TrimB_Moment.jpg

He didn't take kindly to having his intimate personal grooming disturbed by a cub, and administered some rough discipline, accompanied by some squeals of fright, but probably not pain, from the youngster.
IMG_0035_TrimBB_Moment.jpg

Two nights later, cub(?) on the left, mum(?) on the right, rubbing noses.
IMG_0043_fullBB_Moment.jpg

Mum usually accompanies the two cubs, although they're increasingly independent. There was an endearing moment a couple of nights ago when she caught a lobworm and gave it to one of them; they've learnt to tread more lightly when worms are out! Not really clear from stills what was going on, so not posted.

This shot of all three together was from this morning.
IMG_0086_fullBBB_Moment.jpg

Top Bottom