Your dream car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
CITROEN-DYANE.jpg

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Alway fancied one of these:

View attachment 458666
View attachment 458667
View attachment 458668

If you are feeling a tad extravagent you can get a completely refurbished one, rebuilt to 21st century standards for a snip at £249,000 + donor car+ tax.
My biggest motoring regret by far was turning down the chance to buy one of those for £1400. That was in that period after production stopped and prices dipped before they became rarer and started to achieve classic status. Nearly all cars go through that period and there were some real bargains to be had if you were sharp, even E Types were going for pocket money at one time.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Can't believe I'm the only one so far who dreams of having one of these...

View attachment 458565

That's my second choice. I heard years back, the film company that made the movies entered a team in a London to Paris charity race. Apparently, the French police stopped them a couple of times, not because of their driving but just to pose with the car^_^.

If I may backtrack on my original quote, I would have to agree on this

I thought that just before I saw this

Beautiful and beastly in equal measure
And as deadly as the Naja, it's named after

I own my dream car, Octavia estate DSG I could drive far more expensive cars but this one is just my type of car. I have owned a lot of exotic stuff
:okay:
I have a 2011 Octavia estate 1.6Tdi, which I bought in March 2012, & still own
It's reliable, economical, cheap to insure, VED is £30, etc...
Remapped to 150BHP/240Ib/ft of torque

I keep thinking about p/xing for a 4x4 estate, as a 2.0Tdi, with the 6-speed manual^_^

And as deadly as the Naja, it's named after

:okay:
I have a 2011 Octavia estate 1.6Tdi, which I bought in March 2012, & still own
It's reliable, economical, cheap to insure, VED is £30, etc...
Remapped to 150BHP/240Ib/ft of torque

I keep thinking about p/xing for a 4x4 estate, as a 2.0Tdi, with the 6-speed manual^_^

my current car is a 66 plate skoda superb estate, its as big as a battleship and perfect for my work. I would consider buying it once the lease is up, its that good

My mum had one of those when I was growing up - but in burgundy. Froze your bum on the vinyl seats in winter, burnt your bum in summer, took ages to get anywhere at any sort of speed... BUT you could hear it coming from a mile away. That engine note is so distinctive LOL

And p**s easy to fix - I cut my mechanical teeth on it. Whole car's held together with hex bolts near enough, swapping out parts were a doddle. It went to the great scrapheap in the sky when the floor rotted and all that was holding it together were the rubber mats. Was replaced by a s/h Datsun 180B auto, and then by a Skoda.

I pedal a 52 plate Fabia estate.

Looking to upgrade to a series 3 Fabia Monte Carlo when one turns up for the right price second hand. I'm too short to see out of the back of the series 2 Fabias... :blush:

I pedal a 52 plate Fabia estate.

Looking to upgrade to a series 3 Fabia Monte Carlo when one turns up for the right price second hand. I'm too short to see out of the back of the series 2 Fabias... :blush:

We had a '03' plate Fabia estate (1.4Mpi) for a few years, bought new, & driven from the showroom floor
It was great, & still, up to press, the best small car I've driven, miles better than the Corsas/Renaults on the same era
Motoring. Skoda. Fabia. YK03 BUJ. Dirty. April 2004.JPG

mustang1

Legendary Member
V8 auto transmission Twisted Defender

Copy-of-DSC_0292-3.jpg

V8 auto transmission Twisted Defender

View attachment 458746
My last Defender was a 110Td5 'Heritage' Station Wagon
Green leather, & white dials!
Oh, & upgraded 'NAS' lighting (by me)
Upper rear; tail & brake
Lower rear; tail & fog

Defender. S50 RAT. Road-Trip. West Yorkshire. Normanton. Newlands Estate. 1.JPG Defender. S50 RAT. Technical. Electrical. Instrument Panel. 3.JPG Defender. S50 RAT. Technical. Electrical. NAS. Tail-Light. 6.JPG

At the Tour de Yorkshire last year, Twisted, had a couple in the caravan
They sounded great!!
Almost brutal
Stage 4. 7.JPG

Attachments

• Defender. S50 RAT. Technical. Electrical. NAS. Tail-Light. 5.JPG
    Defender. S50 RAT. Technical. Electrical. NAS. Tail-Light. 5.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 17
We had a '03' plate Fabia estate (1.4Mpi) for a few years, bought new, & driven from the showroom floor
It was great, & still, up to press, the best small car I've driven, miles better than the Corsas/Renaults on the same era
View attachment 458741

Yep, they are surprisingly good. Mine is the 1.4 as well.

Prior to that, I had a T-plate Felicia 1.6 glxi, which was a hoot to drive. A good motorway muncher and well set up for twisty A and B roads.

mustang1

Legendary Member

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I am curious to know why that would be your dream car? These were brilliant when they were new, but with all the money in the world it wouldn’t be most folks choice.
I can't answer for mustang, but a dream car doesn't have to be massively expensive. In fact, I think it's more interesting if the car is affordable, although I appreciate the premise of the thread is unlimited wealth.
I've posted my dream is a Messerschmidt, my second dream one is a Suzuki Carry van, truly, I just love their looks. I could afford one now, but sometimes dreams should be just that.
My milkman uses a Carry and I get pangs every time he delivers!

Top Bottom