Your dream car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When I was interested in cars, until about 22 years old, I had my dream car, a white mark 1 Astra GTE. Still have great memories of time in that car.

After that, I didn’t really bother. I think my next car was a G Reg montego which, pound for pound, was probably the best car I owned (told you I wasn’t interested in cars)

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Well if I won the lottery I’d be getting one of these for the summer

77D6C425-F7D8-4013-8F9A-6E80193D3EAD.jpeg

Then a sports car,
Maybe an Aston

4A193185-4A96-43E1-BBA7-1C73D000898B.jpeg

Or Ferrari

66278977-43FA-44A1-9F20-55ED09444316.jpeg

And an estate for the family run about

7E1E3A5E-08DE-4BF6-8E40-AC64E27E2D75.jpeg

Think that’s all bases covered!

DRM

Guru
View attachment 458655

Still remember seeing one of these as a boy and thinking it not just the most beautiful car I'd ever seen but the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. Wouldn't go that far now, but certainly no other car has come close in 50 years.

It's one of those rare cars, too....

View attachment 458657

That looks equally gorgeous from any angle.

View attachment 458658
I seem to recall that the car that was used in the recent James Bond films was a customer car in at Aston Martin for a full restoration, they asked the owner if he was interested in a full 007 makeover as it was the correct car, only downside was he had to let Daniel Craig use it in the film, the upside was it was free ! When work started they noticed chassis no ended in 007, coincidence or what, beautiful cars though.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I seem to recall that the car that was used in the recent James Bond films was a customer car in at Aston Martin for a full restoration, they asked the owner if he was interested in a full 007 makeover as it was the correct car, only downside was he had to let Daniel Craig use it in the film, the upside was it was free ! When work started they noticed chassis no ended in 007, coincidence or what, beautiful cars though.
So now he's got machine guns and rocket launchers and an ejector seat 'n that? Cool!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I can't answer for mustang, but a dream car doesn't have to be massively expensive. In fact, I think it's more interesting if the car is affordable, although I appreciate the premise of the thread is unlimited wealth.
I've posted my dream is a Messerschmidt, my second dream one is a Suzuki Carry van, truly, I just love their looks. I could afford one now, but sometimes dreams should be just that.
My milkman uses a Carry and I get pangs every time he delivers!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdeeJaW6Xig&t=320s

Might look at this fellow on YouTube, He has both, and much more.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I am curious to know why that would be your dream car? These were brilliant when they were new, but with all the money in the world it wouldn’t be most folks choice.
Its got to be in front of a land rover.they should be in the night mare thread.:wacko:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Because I've always wanted an Aston Martin - a DBS:
View attachment 458886
I was down at Works Service (long story) - they started one up and it sounded like it was alive. And possibly quite evil.

Then, for summer cruisin' a 60's Pontiac GTO:
View attachment 458892

And, for general use, like when I need to transport the bike but still look good, a DS Familiale:
View attachment 458887
Not many American cars could be classed as good looking, but the GTO is a beaut.

mustang1

Guru
I am curious to know why that would be your dream car? These were brilliant when they were new, but with all the money in the world it wouldn’t be most folks choice.

I like the looks, pert size, reliability, removable glass roof, fun, efficient (in the sense that it doesn't burn too much fuel for the amount of fun you can have). Not expensive to run, 7700rpm red line iirc and smooth at those revs too.

And I still have a thing for pop up lights .:smile:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I like the looks, pert size, reliability, removable glass roof, fun, efficient (in the sense that it doesn't burn too much fuel for the amount of fun you can have). Not expensive to run, 7700rpm red line iirc and smooth at those revs too.

And I still have a thing for pop up lights .:smile:
A good friend of mine had one when new, it was fun to be in but I never drove it. A few years later I was attempting to be a car salesman at a VW dealership and we had one on the used car lot. It had been there a while and I managed to sell it to a nice young woman, I drove that one on the test drive and liked it a lot.

Top Bottom