Your dream car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
When I was in ad sales, I wanted one of these. And a bag phone. Handmade Buick Reatta.
11.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Am glad i don't dream like you.:whistle:
What I have now. Can cart about 4 bicycles around in that.

As a second choice for when not transporting bikes and, if money was no object, I'd see if I could lay my hands on an original McLaren F1
1998-mclaren-f1-lm-specification-_0.jpg

Very nice.

For me, it'd be a toss-up between this and a Jaguar XJ220. Both lovely in their own way. (Bearing in mind that my two choices are definitely NOT road legal LOL)

It had a light on the back of the turn indicator out on the hood, which lit when you were wasting gas. Few were the times that light was out. Easy cars to work on, you could stand inside the body, next to the engine. There was an alternate starter in there for working on the engine. Mine was reliable, a good enough machine for the time I had it.

Well, they were very much "no frills" cars to be fair. But no frills doesn't mean slow...

View attachment 458655

Still remember seeing one of these as a boy and thinking it not just the most beautiful car I'd ever seen but the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. Wouldn't go that far now, but certainly no other car has come close in 50 years.

It's one of those rare cars, too....

View attachment 458657

That looks equally gorgeous from any angle.

View attachment 458658

Spot on mate

Lovely pics as well

colly

Re member eR
There's one of those in Horwich. Parked up on the main road. No idea if it runs though.
A neighbour had one and he used it as an everyday runabout. A number of years back mind. I'm not sure if he still has it. I'll ask him if I see him, maybe offer to take it off his hands for a couple of hundred notes. :okay:

Top Bottom