Your dream car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
That bodykit ruins it.:sad:
Yeah I have a preference for no body kit too but i just grabbed the first decent photo i found

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I would be quite happy playing with one of these. :okay:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
1590057437990.png

My Dad had one of these, before the war. During the war, it was drained of fluids, covered with a tarp, and put up on blocks in the back-yard with all the other cars. When my Dad returned, he put fluids back in and it started right up. Kept him going until cars were available again. Veterans got the first production, so while my Dad could have gotten a new car, he still didn't. I seem to remember he got a brand new car later. In 1962!
1590057970245.png

We don't cotton to new cars in my family.

I believe that was the V8 version - I'd be happy with a regular 4-cylinder one. I have driven one on a track after years of wanting to - it made me want one more.

That good, huh? ;)

figbat

Slippery scientist
That good, huh? ;)
Better. I was worried before I drove it as I had lusted after these cars since they were first launched. I once turned down the opportunity for a passenger ride in one because I only wanted to drive it, not be driven. So as I approached this car I had put on a pedestal I worried it would disappoint. It didn't.

Better. I was worried before I drove it as I had lusted after these cars since they were first launched. I once turned down the opportunity for a passenger ride in one because I only wanted to drive it, not be driven. So as I approached this car I had put on a pedestal I worried it would disappoint. It didn't.

Probably the closest you can get to a single-seater racing car (e.g. FF1600) for the road without it actually being a racing car. OK, yes, I know it's got two seats, but you know what I mean...

figbat

Slippery scientist
Probably the closest you can get to a single-seater racing car (e.g. FF1600) for the road without it actually being a racing car. OK, yes, I know it's got two seats, but you know what I mean...
Indeed - its appeal to me is its stripped-back purity, like a motorcycle. I've driven a couple of FF1600s too - they were surprisingly rapid for their apparently modest power plants.

Indeed - its appeal to me is its stripped-back purity, like a motorcycle. I've driven a couple of FF1600s too - they were surprisingly rapid for their apparently modest power plants.

Oooh, lucky you! What did you try out?

Generally, when I try racing cars for size, I tend to sink without trace in the cockpit. :laugh:

Top Bottom