Your dream car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macp

Guru
For me its difficult as I love cars so much but these come to mind. However any of these would make me happy

Alpina B7/B9
1.png

Hartge H5S
img-64750136c0.jpg

Porsche 964 RS
PORSCHE911CarreraRS-964--2964_1.jpg

Last edited:

macp

Guru
nice choices, I was fortunate enough to own a 964RS 20 years ago, very interesting car but not one I would necessarily want to own again, a bit too compromised.
I think the 964 was the nicest of the aircooled cars but I was never as lucky as you. One of the most fun cars I ever owned was an E30 318iS as I could not find a 325i sport but I think the little 4 pot 16v made the 318iS a lot lighter than the straight 6 in the sport which equals more fun. It would hang its tail out most agreeably and very controllable too ^_^

Mine was identical to this but on a G plate and its a car I still regret selling.

452.jpg

I think the 964 was the nicest of the aircooled cars but I was never as lucky as you. One of the most fun cars I ever owned was an E30 318iS as I could not find a 325i sport but I think the little 4 pot 16v made the 318iS a lot lighter than the straight 6 in the sport which equals more fun. It would hang its tail out most agreeably and very controllable too ^_^

Mine was identical to this but on a G plate and its a car I still regret selling.

View attachment 523929
I would happily buy a 318iS, but this is still top of my wishlist, just wish they had done a manual!
CSL M3

macp

Guru
I test drove a 318is back in 1990 and really liked it, but ended up with a Golf GTi 16V RE1900 instead
Nice choice and special too. I had a GTi Mk2 8v which I loved again for similar reasons to the BMW above. A friend of mine had his Oak green Mk2 16v rebuilt to either 1900 or 2100 by one of the big VW tuning houses. Cant remember who. I want to say BRM. Anyway it was plenty quick after and they were a pretty quick car in standard form. As you will know.

Sorry this is getting a wee bit off track but Im just remembering a special Golf I once owned. A supercharged G60 Golf identical to this one below. I wanted something rarer than the Rallye which actually was also pretty rare.

800px-Golf_G60.jpg

Remember drooling over these in my local BMW showroom. Nice original ones must be worth a small fortune now.
Saw one for £75k a while back!

Drago

Legendary Member
Or perhaps one of these...

You can tell that cars as an object of desire don't really tug my rug. Their practival attributes is what raises my eyebrow.

Gunk

Guru
Nice choice and special too. I had a GTi Mk2 8v which I loved again for similar reasons to the BMW above. A friend of mine had his Oak green Mk2 16v rebuilt to either 1900 or 2100 by one of the big VW tuning houses. Cant remember who. I want to say BRM. Anyway it was plenty quick after and they were a pretty quick car in standard form. As you will know.

Sorry this is getting a wee bit off track but Im just remembering a special Golf I once owned. A supercharged G60 Golf identical to this one below. I wanted something rarer than the Rallye which actually was also pretty rare.

View attachment 523932

My RE1900 was converted by GTi Engineering in Silverstone.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Or perhaps one of these...

View attachment 523948

You can tell that cars as an object of desire don't really tug my rug. Their practival attributes is what raises my eyebrow.

Many years ago, the firm I worked for was briefly owned by an offshoot of General Motors. One of the staff benefits was that we could short term lease any vehicle from the entire GM range at very favourable rates - if it was available in the UK you could order one and change it every six months.
Most people got Astra's or Saab 9-3s, but the Hummer was on the list.
I was tempted, but it's one of the few times Mrs ND put her foot down. ^_^

Top Bottom