Your dream car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
maxresdefault.jpg

But you cant really get them anymore and they will be super expensive where found.

Runner up would be...

Mazda_Furai_Detroit_2008.jpg

But it doesnt exist anymore either. It was a concept car made by mazda that exploded into a ball of fire during a test lap. There was only one made

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
Can I cheat and have one of these instead, Landamores Slipper Launch

Drago

Legendary Member
I've never got to thrash any exotica, unless you count a full horse 600 brake Skyline as exotica, but for a few brief years I got to larrup around on public roads at daft speeds for work. IIRC 158 was my "record". After a spell of that you soon get this malarkey out of your system and start to appreciate cars for their other virtues. Damon Hill is of the same ilk - ex F1 world champion, famously drives a knackered old Audi A3 with 130,000 miles under its belt. Fast cars don't interest him at all.

Conversely, I love motorbikes, but sods law says I'm not a natural bike rider. My talents and training lie with cars, which is a bummer because they don't turn me on. one of lifes ironic twists of fate.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
A rust-free, factory restored one (Mazda actually do a factory refurb programme). All the UK ones are now rusted out, or welded. But it always comes back after welding. Japanese grey imports used to be the way to get a clean one (albeit undergeared; they have a lower final drive ratio due to the 55mph speed limit and some do 4100rpm at 70mph in top!) but they've dried up.

Attachments

• Mazda-MX-5-Mk1.jpg
    Mazda-MX-5-Mk1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1

JPBoothy

Veteran
For me it'd be a toss up between the Tesla Y and the Tesla X. No question.
I'm not as well up on cars as I used to be in my younger days so no sniggering please as this is a genuine question.. Do Tesla make genuinely good cars or are they just the latest status symbol of the wealthy? They just seemed to appear as the new kids on the block (as does every brand at some time I suppose) from out of nowhere and then suddenly the motoring shows and magazines were raving about them.

Drago

Legendary Member
I know several people who have them, and they all seem to like them, even though one of them confided in me that using the heater and lights halves the range. For the very limited mileage I do they would be perfect, but the expense is unjustifiable for me.

The other plus point - they're the only manufacturer of electric cars who's models consistently last well past 100,000 before needing new batteries. Supposedly their motor and battery technology is at least half a decade ahead of anyone else.

Top Bottom