Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both are fairtrade...

• Fairtrade? What's that all about...

• I don't drink tea or coffee...

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smeggers

I'll probably get shot down for this, but I've always been sceptical about the whole Fairtrade issue.

It may well be the "right" thing to do, its just that using ethics as a marketing tool doesnt sit right with me.

Apologies for being a little soapbox-esque :eek:

TimO

Guru
One of our common rooms, which I use quite often, has gone over to Fairtrade everything, but I only tend to drink tea there. I tend to make my own coffee in the lab and that isn't Fairtrade, in fact since it's instant Sainsburys stuff, it's just barely legal to call it coffee!

SamNichols

Smeggers said:
I'll probably get shot down for this, but I've always been sceptical about the whole Fairtrade issue.

It may well be the "right" thing to do, its just that using ethics as a marketing tool doesnt sit right with me.

Apologies for being a little soapbox-esque :eek:

I know what you mean - i dislike the fact that nescafe etc have jumped on board, when they're the ones who are at fault in the process as it stands... however, generally speaking the fair trade movement has been defined by smaller groups of people with an ethical conscious; see the traidcraft model, which has been in operation for decades now.

Top Bottom